Chapter 38: Triggering Flags

"I'm sorry!" Hikari pleaded.

The were in the uninhabited area of Aries Island. The lush greenery and trees made it difficult for one to move traverse through, so Hikari was curious as to how out of all the places he could have landed, he crash landed directly on top of one of the people he did not want to see. At all.

Lucy Vael was covered from neck to toe in bandages. They weren't thick enough to hinder movement but they did serve to remind Hikari how badly she had been injured. Even though she had defeated him in the fight, she had gotten the bad end of the deal.

Now he had landed on top of her again in a strange turn of events. He needed to explain himself unless he wanted to be badly injured again.

"I'm telling the truth. Our cook threw me overboard," Hikari explained to Lucy. "I landed here completely by accident."

"I heard when you explained it the first time, human," Lucy responded as she crossed her arms. "I'm well aware that you are incapable of flying. You are not at fault."

"R-Really?" He muttered in surprise. "You're not mad at me?"

"Do not get me wrong, I am incredibly irritated. To think that he noticed that I'd been watching..."

"Er... What?"

"Hm? Have I said something out loud right now?" Lucy asked as she cracked her knuckles, a deadly smirk on her face as her eyes closed.

S-scary!

Hikari avoided eye contact as sweat gathered around his forehead. His eyes were scanning for ways to escape his current situation.

"Well, human?" she pressed him. "Have I said something right now that you've taken note off?"

"N-no! You said nothing important... I think."

"Good. Now come." She spread both of her arms and smiled.

"What? I don't understand."

Hikari was not following at all as to what she had been going on about. Her spread out arms and smile indicated that she wanted him to hold her but he felt that he had been misinterpreting the entire situation.

This had been the woman he cut off his leg. Even as he looked at her now, she still gave off an aura of heavy pressure that was dangerous. She didn't have her buster sword present, but he still couldn't have his guard down.

He had still been afraid of this woman.

"Hm? Is not what I'm stating obvious enough?" She gestured to a nearby tree. "When you had fallen on top of me, you broke my crutch - and with that, my only form of support. I need you to carry me to the city."

"But it looks like you're just fine standing..."

Lucy gave a strained smile.

"I recommend that you take a look at my feet." Her expression remained placid as she continued explaining. "If you haven't noticed, they're bleeding."

"What?!"

She was right.

The bandages surrounding her feet, from her ankles down, were coated red.

It didn't look like she had just been casually been bleeding from a small wound at all.

"You need to get help immediately!"

Feeling something stirring within him, Hikari launched from the ground to assist Lucy.

"Oh?" She gave a confused yelp as he hoisted her into a "princess carry".