Chapter 32: A Display of Strength

Standing across from one another were two Sea Emperors with dangerous reputations.

The one, Kaizoku Kuro, was the Captain of the black pirates. He was the Sea Emperor of the East and had an island that housed around eight thousand pirates.

He stood on the battlefield in relaxed manner, his black coat moving about due to the multiple winds created by explosions taking place on the battle. He had one hand on his trusty cutlass whilst the other grasped the magical infused pistol.

His third and most important weapon, was his cocky grin that remained plastered on his face. Nothing of this situation was out of the norm for him.

The life of a pirate.

Standing across from him, almost holding a mirror expression on his face(if not for the suspicious look in his eyes), was a man of a similar nature and status. A demon - human hybrid that had horns poking out through his forehead. Instead of a black coat, the captain wore a red sorcerer's garment, his forarms exposed covered in multiple runes. One hand grasping a magical pistol, the other gripping a cutlass in a similar fashion.

This was the Captain of the Zaba Pirates, the Sea Emperor of the West. He was Cortez Zaelivaar.

"Kaizoku," Cortez started. "Care to explain why you're raiding my island?"

"Was that your island?" Kaizoku brought his hands to his mouth. A shocked expression clear on his face.

"It seems that I've gotten lost."

"Tch." The grin on Cortez's face elongated. It only seemed to enhance the darker sides to his expressions. One could almost think that he was furious.

"Who would believe that crap?" Cortez asked. "Also, since when have you been such a strange funny asshole? What happened to the emo guy?"

"People change," Kaizoku answered. A heavy sigh escaped his lips. "Besides, you know what happened."

The grin on Cortez's face subsided.

"... I see," he muttered.

Cortez proceeded to remove his cutlass from his waist and pointed it at Kaizoku.

"Then explain this farce that you've been putting up."

"Farce?" Kaizoku asked, his grip tightening on his pistol.

Cortez has known Kaizoku for a long time to know that while his actions seem to be out of place they are never unnecessary. He was up to something.

"You had no reason to start a war with me," Cortez explained. "From what I can tell here is that you're not even using your best men to fight against mine. You're hiding something from me."

Kaizoku sighed again. Then, removing his hands from the cutlass and pistol, he plopped down on the ice and crossed his legs.

"If you want me to tell you what is happening, then you should at least get yourself over here," he answered and then folded his arms.

Cortez gave a confused expression.

"What are you talking about? I'm right -"

"If that was true, then I wouldn't be talking right now." Kaizoku cut Cortez off. He then closed his eyes. "I don't know how you've done it, but to make an exact clone of yourself is really impressive. You should teach it to me."

Cortez smirked.

Kaizoku knew that Cortez was using [Stunt Double]. Whilst the skill itself was not was Kaizoku had noticed, it was still really impressive that he noticed the ability at all.