Chapter 28: Afshang is kind of Hungover and Hikari needs a sitter

Chapter 28: Afshang is kind of hungover and Hikari needs a sitter
~~~~~
Cortez had expected something like this would take place.

Aries Island was the domain of a sorcerer. By that definition if any of the Black Pirates were to set foot on the island they were guaranteed to lose. Kaizoku was the only undetermined on the ship that he was aware of but he knew Kaizoku wouldn't take unnecessary steps like that.

Freezing the ocean was his best bet.

But how did he do it? [Ice] was a [Nobility] used by the human royal family.

"That's what lead to this..." He muttered as an all out war broke out between the two pirate crews.

On the ice pirates could be seen from both sides doing a full on assault at each other. Swords clashing with swords, gun shooting guns and magic fending magic.

All the front line fighters were at each other's throats. Their levels on each side ranged from 30 to 40 so they were fairly equal against each other.

But the numbers between the groups differ in quite a large number...

Yes, there must at least have been over the 500 pirates just fighting against the 100-and-something members of the Black Pirates. They were being overpowered in numbers.

Cortez saw this as a clean sweep but something felt off to him.

The main members of Kaizoku's crew, were still standing on the ship watching the fight.

Cortez turned to his main members. They also hadn't moved yet.

In this game of chess only the pawns have been given an opportunity to engage in the setting.

Cortez clicked his tongue at the fact that they had already gotten Gemini, he thrived in these types of battles. He must be grumpy that he won't be able to participate.

"Howell." He called onto his ship's doctor, a Dryad with an ominous looking staff. "How deep does this ice run?"

"57 meters." He replied. The leaves over his eyes gave him the appearance that he was wearing glasses but he was using them to sense his surroundings better.

"Keep watching," Cortez surmised. "I want to see what he's planning. Calico, keep ready."

"Ay, Captain." Calico replied, disinterest written across his face. The only change was the speed of the knives around his body increasing.

*

"Afshang!" Kaizoku yelled as he tossed another set of 'special bullets' to him. The were encased in a glass box and they gave of a mysterious purple glow. "Start trimming the numbers."

Afshang recognized from the colour what it was and caught it with a large amount of fluent skill.

"Tch. Captain even has these too, huh..." He muttered as he reloaded his gun, Art'Scales. The black design of the weapon was highly intricate and posses the ability to infuse Nature Magic into the bullets it fires, enhancing it's strength at least tenfold.

The gun does not even need a specific set of bullets, it was developed to be able to adapt to the bullets that were put into the weapon. All the ammunition needed to be smaller than Afshang's palms though, and they were huge.

He was already on the ice and watched the battle take place between the two pirates. He wasn't fighting any one so he was standing out like a sore thumb.