Chapter 57: Heroes(2)

"Die for me, please?"

"..."

"..."

The atmosphere shifted the moment the question was posed as each hero searched for what the appropriate reaction should be.

Jason couldn't tell whether or not she was serious, but decided to treat her question as the truth. Because of that, he worked on a farewell speech in his head for the surrounding plant life.

Death comes at any time; it's always better to be prepared.

Herchal on the other hand, gazed at the hero as she sat on the chair, arms folded and a playful smirk across her face. After frowning for a moment as he processed the question-

"Hyahahaha~!"

- someone suddenly burst out laughing, grabbing their stomach in an exaggerated manner as they approached the Heroes.

"Second Prince Marshall," the girl said, lightly raising her eyebrows to express her surprise. "What are surprise to see you here. I was-

"Cut the formalities, Arindel," he cut her off. "You know that I hate everyone who uses it - the exception being my brother."

His tone was very serious, but the smile on his face never faded. It appeared forced, and there was a strange layer of insanity swimming through his eyes.

It gave the impression that his behavior tended to be erratic, but also forced.

It's like he's incapable of emotions, Arindel thought. His words, actions and behaviours are things he crafted consciously knowing the people he would surround himself with.

I've only met the Emperor once, and I can tell that this really is his son. The resemblance is...disturbing.

"Then I'll do so," Arindel said, smirking. She wasn't going to let him know her true thoughts, or what she planned to do with him if he ever became Emperor.

"Hold on, hold on," Herchal said, bringing everyone's eyes back to him. "I've been thinking this for a while now and I think it needs to be addressed or I'll flip out, I swear."

"Ah," uttered Jason, rolling his eyes. "Whatever will we do if you flip out? That can't be allowed to happen. I'm even quaking in my imaginary boots."

"S-Screw y-" Herchal felt himself flair up again but quickly calmed himself down again.

See? He could be the mature if wanted to.

If he wanted to.

"What is it that needs to be addressed?" Arindel asked, her curiosity a little peaked. "Other than the fact of why were gathered here in the first place?"

"Nah, not that," Herchal said, immediately waving it off. "I'm talking about the fact that there should one more [Hero], right?"

"Ah, that," Jason acknowledged the question, nodding. "I was think of that myself."

From what Arindel had stated, the following information could be grasped:

Firstly, they were all summoned in directions, which explains why they were addressed as such.

Herchal, the Summoned Hero of the South. According the map of Delterra, the place he had been summoned at was located down south. The same situation was true for Jason, the Summoned Hero of the West.

That means-

"That means," Jason explained, "we were all summoned from the four cardinal directions. I'm assuming that you are Arindel, the Summoned Hero of the North, correct?"