Chapter 10: Essence

In the forest there were hundreds of beasts, monsters and harmful predators. These creatures were even more dangerous than the ones found on Devil's Peak because they are meant to protect this city from outsiders.

Right now it was a slaughter festival.

Kaizoku had taken off his coat and his shirt  and was running through the forest bare chested. He had done so because the coat and shirt had high level enchantments that made it almost impossible to give him any damage. He wanted to take damage. He also carried a small knife with him because if he ever used one of his cutlasses it would have been instant kills. Even so he was still unstoppable.

Most of these beasts were killers by nature but he was taking care of them like they were low level slimes. He was on a killing rampage, taking everything moving as something possible of killing. Barely an hour had passed and he had already taken care of all the beasts in the forest.

Kaizoku stood in the forest with the knife in his had and looked up at the sky. His body was covered in different colours of blood spouted from the beasts onto him. Scratches and slashes on his body was also starting to heal.  Maybe it was necessary, maybe it wasn't - he didn't care. If he didn't do this then he was bound to lose his mind and hurt someone he holds close to him. A notification box appeared in front of him.

***
[Notice]

Number of beasts killed: 1284
84(lvl. 36- 40)
200(lvl. 30 - 35)
1000(lvl. 10 - 29)

Title Added: Predator Killer
Reward: 10 000 XP (+2 lvls)

You have proven more than enough to be worthy of the Class [Monster Hunter]. Will you accept?

Yes/ No

No
***

He then put the knife back in his inventory box and made his way to a small lake. The lake was well maintained and didn't give any problems to the animals in the forest, because beasts weren't the only living creatures in the forest. After letting out a long sigh Kaizoku jumped into the lake. It was refreshingly cold and the blood started colouring the water in shades of red and blue. As he came back up for air he saw what he had done to the lake and gave an awkward laugh.

"Maybe I went a bit tooo far this time..."

"Yes, yes you have."

Kaizoku looked behind him to see a someone standing on top of the water. It was a woman. Her hair was made from the water and ran down into the lake. Her blue eyes looked gentle and its roundness made it look like she was always happy. Her dress covered her developed body loosely and it was dark blue in contrast to her hair. She had a gentle smile as she looked at Kaizoku. Kaizoku shrieked as he looked at her.

"At least give a maiden some decency!" He covered his chest and pretended to be embarrassed.

"I-Is that how you greet, these days?" Her eyebrow was twitching but she kept her composure. Her cheeks also looked like it was turning red. Kaizoku laughed when he saw this.

"Relaaax~ It's been a while, Essence. I was wondering if the attitude was still stiff and it looks like it hasn't changed."

"I am a water goddess you know, we don't just change how we are."

Essence is from race called the nature gods. They live to protect nature from being damaged to the point of it becoming irrecoverable. They also grant divine abilities and converse to certain people they feel like protecting. They differ from religious gods because they do not have any followers making them weaker and they can only look after a certain area. Essence is a water goddess and her realm of protection is Sagittarius Island. In that sense, she's the true owner of this land.