Chapter 11: Escaping the Palace

"Why does he... do that?" It was Alavara who asked. She was shocked because she never saw the captain once go on a killing spree and to hear it from Kearra was a bit surprising.

"It's like an anger gauge. If it reaches the boiling point then you can imagine what happens to the person, right?" It was Kearra who was explaining. "Kai doesn't have a lot of things that make him angry but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It had just been building over time and came out all at once. The reason he does it on beasts is because they will start to respawn after a week."

It was a lot to take in but she could somewhat understand what her captain was coming from. She decided that she was going to be more careful and help her captain where needed.

"Where will he be after this?"

Then Kearra frowned. "Why don't you know? I thought you knew Kai for a couple of years now..."

"The thing is..." Alavara scratched the back of her head. "I'm always reading at the library so I don't know much about the city."

Kearra grabbed Alavara by her shoulders and began shaking her like a crazy person. She had tears in her eyes and had a sympathetic look on her face. Alavara was panicking.

"W-What are you doing?"

"You understand meeeee!" She was crying now to Alavara. Tears were shooting out of her eyes like streams. She may have been queen but at the moment she was like a childish little girl. Alavara seemed to have gotten used to it already. After a few more shakes she let go and wiped away her tears.

"Since I'm Queen I'm always busy and never have a chance to visit a pub and every time I try to then they bring me back here. I mean, I'm also a pirate but I never drink! That bastard always makes sure I'm stuck in this palace."

Alavara was honestly shocked to hear because at least she was free to do what she wants. She then grabbed Kearra by her shoulders but the sudden movement caused her... assets to move afterwards. Alavara wasn't any different but she felt a little jealous. Her cheeks were pink.

"Wanna have fun?" She had a devious grin on her face.

"Yes!" She answered without any hesitation.

The Oracle moved towards them and threw something like powder on the ground. It made them jump but soon they saw the purple coloured powder move around to form a map. It also had a route on how to escape the palace.

"You going to help old lad - ow!" Asked Kearra, but was hit with the stick on her head. "What's the big deal, old la - ow!" She was hit again by the stick. Even though she was Queen it apparently didn't mean anything to the Oracle.

"Will you help us?" Asked Alavara. The Oracle gave her the thumbs up.

*

They were currently at the cellars underground the palace. In one of the underground cellars there was a secret door. The Oracle snapped her fingers and the gate opened. The path was a tunnel that had candles on each side and then the Oracle mumbled a spell causing the candles to lit up. "How do you know about this?" Asked Alavara.

The Oracle mumbled something barely audible and a picture of Kaizoku appeared in front of them. It was Kaizoku who showed her this.

"Why didn't he tell me??" It was Kearra who was upset. She was currently wearing tights with a shirt and had a cloak with a hood on. She still needed to hide her identity. The Oracle just shrugged her shoulders.

"Let's move." Alavara said and then they were on their way. As they progressed further down the tunnels they came across a lot of forks but were quickly lead the right way. The Oracle must be used to travelling through here... Thought Alavara.

The Oracle pointed at the metal ladder leading up to a latch. She was the first one up and when she made it out she took a look at her surroundings. It was an alley between two buildings. There was no one else so she told them it was safe. When the other two came out and they closed the latch and it's appearance changes to the brick road. It was a disguise enchantment.

"Yes!" Kearra yelled and then threw her fists in the air.

Whack!

This caused her to receive a large bump on her head from the Oracle. "Don't do that, you idiot!" Alavara yelled at Kearra in a whispering voice. She looked around but luckily no one noticed. She breathed a sigh of relief and then gave a disappointed look at the Queen. Kearra hung her head in shame and rubbed the bump forming on her head. Then they heard clapping.

"That was entertaining." They all looked up and their faces paled. Kaizoku was sitting atop the edge of one of the roofs looking at them. He had a large grin on his face but the darkness in his eyes didn't match. For a man who looked to be in his late teens his presence was over bearing.

"K-Kaizoku??" Kearra was the first one to break the silence.

"How did you..." Alavara was stunned.

"Kearra, I told you to stop this." He turned to look at The Oracle. "To think you would also get involved. I'm disappointed." He shook his head while giving an exaggerated look of disappointment.

Both the ladies hung their heads in the shame. Kaizoku had only said a few words but they're spirits were already broken. Alavara couldn't stand it. "I won't allow - "

"And Alavara." He interrupted her and then smiled. "Are you willing to challenge your Captain?" He crossed his arms and waited for her answer.

"You'll have to try better than that, Captain!" She still had her guns on her and immediately let loose on the roof. Kaizoku rolled back onto the roof to dodge. After the barrage of bullets stopped Kaizoku peeped over the roof to see them but they were already gone, blending in the crowds.

"Well I guess this just got interesting, I felt like having fun." He had an evil grin as he jumped to the ground.