Chapter 14: Mages & Sorcerers

A few days had passed since Kaizoku had arrived back at Arteriole with his crew. He was currently in his house near the palace with his Kraken daughter Eva. She was the only one left of her kind and was only at the tender age of 8. Kaizoku had gotten her when she was a baby and she became his familiar as she grew up with him.

They were currently in the living room and Kaizoku was reading the the news in one of his notification boxes. When a person reached a certain level, usually 40 and up, they would receive news about was happening directly in their inbox. Other players would have to go around asking for it or buy from a newspaper shop.

***

Today's News

A Visit To Purgatory

Purgatory, the jail island with the worst criminals in the world, was broken into by a mysterious pirate. Identity of the culprit is unknown, all that was seen on the cameras was a man in a hooded cloak effortlessly taking down knights and breaking out criminals. He use them as a distraction and escaped with four of the most notorious criminals have been taken by this mysterious member. Alfred, the Head Guard at purgatory, was interviewed by one of journalists.

"He's abilities weren't normal. When he was shot with bullets he didn't even falter. Magic was also ineffective against him." He said. The knights took a heavy blow with this. The World Empire is still deciding his bounty, but our guess would be that he will be no less than 50 million Quintz. What's more worrying is the criminals that were taken.

The Criminals that were taken and their bounties.

Salacia "Death" Poet (125 million Quintz)
Arkis "Young One" Tei (78 million Quintz)
Lizbeth "Fire Breath" Alia (45 million Quintz)
Damon "Blood" Roses (50 million Quintz)

This is dangerous because all the criminals use to be part of the late Blackbeard Pirates. With time, could we see the rise of a new Sea Emperor?

Read more...

***

Shit...

Kaizoku had a worried expression on his face. Them of all people, why? This could become a major problem.

"Daddy?" He looked up to see Eva staring at him with a sad expression. She was reading a book and a had a few laying around while Kaizoku was sitting on a couch. She was on the floor wearing a green floral dress.

"What's wrong, Eva?"

"Daddy looks sad..." She said.

Kaizoku groaned. That expression she was making was too adorable for him to handle. He sat up straight and then smiled at her. "It's nothing, Eva. Just seeing you makes me feel better."

"Okay!" She smiled in an effort to cheer him up. Kaizoku stood up and went to hug her. You're so adooooorable~

"Whatcha readin'?" He asked when he saw the names of the books.

"I decided to become stronger so that I can help Daddy!" She said and showed him the book she was reading. It was a spell book.

"So you want to learn magic?"

"Mm." She nodded while making a determined fist.

"What type of magic?"

"The type of magic that Daddy uses."

Kaizoku couldn't have been more proud than this. He looked over at Eva and realised she was serious. The books she kept herself occupied with are all his that he had already studied. In fact, his study in his house was filled to the brim with different spell books. This was because although Kaizoku's current class was Pirate, he also had a few other classes, one of them was Mage.

"I'm a mage, Eva." He said.

"Then what's this book called Sorcery?" She showed him the book and he quickly nodded to himself and looked at her.

"It's a different class that also uses magic."

"Then what's the difference?"

"Let's see..." Kaizoku leaned back as he thought of how he was going to explain it to her. Before he explained he stood and equipped his mage attire. Instead of his usual black he was wearing dark blue robes with gold and silver lining. He turned around to show to it Eva. "This is the clothes you receive after earning the Class Mage."

"It looks cool!" She exclaimed with sparkles in her eyes.

"Now I'll explain."

"Mages use magic through creation and manipulation." He then rolled up his sleeves and casted a spell. A fireball ignited in his hands. "We create spells like these from basically nothing and then use those for attacks through manipulation." He then started moving the flame around by his finger and effortlessly changing it's shape. Then he snapped his fingers and the fire disappeared.

"Most of our magic is based of the elements along with exceptions like light and dark magic. We can also use it to strengthen attacks and the like. Now, sorcerers..."

He changed his attire again and this time wore red robes with gold and silver linings. Kaizoku looked like he was wearing a different colour of the attire. Eva stood confused.

"They look the same."

"That's because of how closely related they are."

"Ohhh." She banged the palm of her hand with a fist to show she understood. Her eyes were also wide open in surprise. "I get it."

"Sorcerers are better related to 'summoning magic' because of their use of magic circles. The only differences is what they summon and how their magic circles are used." He then drew something in the air and a magical circle appeared hovering above his hand. He showed it to Eva and a water bubble came out of the circle and was floating above it. "Unlike summoning magic, sorcery doesn't necessarily have to be drawn on any surface. So you could say that summoning magic is a form of sorcery.

Most of a sorcerer's magic is mostly meant to put them at an advantage and further disadvantage you by using barriers. Sorcerers also like using runes and also base their magic of the elements."

He then snapped his fingers and the magical along with the bubble disappeared. Then he equipped his pirate attire but without his hat. Kaizoku sat and let out a sigh and watched Eva think of what he explained. She may still be young but she seemed to understand when he explained it to like this.

"The only difference I saw was how the magic was created. Mages use spells and Sorcerers use magic circles." Kaizoku smiled then she was properly paying attention to him. It looks like he may have to make her his apprentice.

"You're right in a way but the biggest difference is ideology. Mages believe in passing on knowledge and teaching it to the newer generation. They believe in the balance of power and to use it for others as well. The more knowledge you acquire the more you can teach. Sorcerers believe in this opposite. Unlike mages, sorcerers study for the sole purpose of reaching new heights in the field. The abilities you have learnt must be a well kept secret. There are cases where sorcerers have apprentices but those are very rare. The more knowledge they acquire, the more powerful the become for themselves."

"Daddy, why do you have both?"

"My biggest rival is a sorcerer."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Then I've decided."

"So what do you wanna be?"

"A Mage!" She stood a raised both her hands in the air.

Kaizoku smiled. "Then let's get started."

Aether : Calraemजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें