Chapter 17: The Return of Cabin Boy

"Oi! Cabin Boy!"

Kaizoku called as he stood on the shore of Devil's Peak. With him was Eva and Samurai Sensei. It has been two weeks and Kaizoku was hoping to see the return of his cabin boy. They arrived bright and early for this moment.

"He's probably dead." Spoke Samurai Sensei.

"H-How can you say that in front of the child??" Kaizoku said, astonished at Ryoichi's pessimism.

He covered Eva's ears but the damage had already been done. She looked up at Kaizoku with a sad expression. "Is he really dead, Daddy?" Her eyes were filling with tears.

"Gah!" It felt like his heart was being pierced by a thousand blades. He gave an evil smile at Samurai Sensei and with one fluid motion Samurai Sensei had his head in the sand.

"Ack - " Was the only sound that escaped his mouth as he hit the sand face first.

He tried to get back up but Kaizoku's hand was on the back of his head. Kaizoku was forcing it into the ground as Samurai Sensei protested.

"Because of you I have to see my daughter show off expressions that make me feel like failure of a father. You will apologize!" He spoke through his teeth.

"Okay, okay, Captain!" Ryoichi managed to say as the sand was going into his eyes.

Ryoichi stood up and dusted himself off. Kaizoku was standing next to him with and innocent smile. Eva was looking at them with her head tilted to the side.

"Tell her." Kaizoku seemed to say with his eyes as he pushed Samurai Sensei forward.

Samurai Sensei cleared his throat. "Forgive my insolence. I believe that Hikari is still alive." He said looking over at Kaizoku. Kaizoku patted his back as if to say 'good job'.

"Really?" Eva asked as her eyes sparkled.

"Yes he is!" Kaizoku said to confirm.

"But he may have lost a limb or - " Before Samurai Sensei could finish Kaizoku started choking him.

"Can't you keep your mouth shut?!" Kaizoku whispered to Samurai Sensei as Samurai Sensei tried to gasp for air.

"Hm?" Eva tilted her head again as to why Kaizoku was trying to keep him quiet.

*

"What the hell are they doing?"

On the ship the rest of the members were observing what was unfolding in front of them. It was Sully who posed the question. He had a cup of coffee in his hand and an irritated look on his face.

"Don't hurt your head trying to understand those two." Said Alavara as she sighed. She wasn't paying attention to them. She was reading a book sitting on a chair.

"It looks like Cabin Boy's alive." Said Afshang. He had binoculars and saw Hikari approaching the shore. "Wonder how much he's improved..."

*

"What are you guys doing?"

This was the first thing Hikari asked them after not seeing them for the last two weeks. Kaizoku immediately let go of Samurai Sensei and Ryoichi fell to the ground as he gasped for air. The air had never tasted sweeter to him.

"Hikari!"

"Cabin Boy!"

"... Hikari..."

They all greeted Hikari as he approached with a small creature on his left shoulder. He was still in one piece but his clothes were torn to shreds. His expression was that of joy. Showing the amount confidence he had now was better than with what he had started.