Final Chapter: Eva Day(1)

Morning arrived, easing the world into a calm, quiet day. The atmosphere—

BOOM!!

A young lady kicked her bedroom door open with the ferocity of a beast. It swung open, almost tearing off of its hinges, and displayed her presence to the corridor. Puffs of air left her nostrils as her face lit up.

She was excited. A bit too excited, if anyone asked.

Placing her hands on her hips, she pushed out her chest and displayed the biggest grin possible for a little kraken.

"Attention world!" Eva roared. "As of now I declare today 'Eva Day', ya hear meee~! You may have gotten the best of me these last few days, but don't think I'll let it slide!"

Then she proceeded to chant, "Eva Day! Eva Day!", as she ran down the hall.

Today, she planned to challenge the world at full force.

BOOM!!

A door suddenly flew open. Behind it, a silhouette of a young girl in a plain dress was grinning.

"Eva, what did I say about kicking open doors?"

Kaizoku Kuro was the first target on the list. He sat in a desk chair near his bedroom, seemingly taking notes about something.

He wasn't dressed in the usual pirate attire and was instead dressed in pyjamas. Based on his lethargic movements it was difficult to tell whether he was going to bed or had just awoken from his slumber.

Eva, after her father's reprimand, looked down at her feet and awkwardly replied:

"Y-You said that kicking doors… is a art."

"That's exactly what it is!" Kaizoku cried. "And that kick you just gave was magnificent, my daughter."

Just remember, once you raise your leg —

Kaizoku then went on a tangent about what the best execution of kicking the door open was. He was oddly descriptive, even giving tips that would minimise the damage she would receive depending on her centre of gravity and the amount of force.

"I see, I see – how small my thinking was!" Exhaling through her nostrils, Eva had pulled out a notebook and had begun taking serious notes.

"So if I use my leg like this, then the door opens easier?" She asked.

"Yes, Eva," Kaizoku responded with a wide smile. The amount of pride that he felt in his daughter was immeasurable, so much so that he almost started tearing up.

His daughter was growing quickly. Too quickly.

"Daddy," Eva spoke up, dragging Kaizoku out of his thoughts. "I have an idea for today's challenge."

"Oh?" Kaizoku's tone shifted as slight smirk crept up his face. "What's the topic?"

"Water," Eva said, presenting a smirk of her own. She had full confidence that she was going to win.

To provide context, Eva and Kaizoku had a game they played once a week. Eva was suppose to pick a topic and then each of them were supposed to give difficult question related to topic.

The questions don't necessarily need to have answers, so as long as it made sense you could win on difficulty alone.

And since Eva could pick a topic, she had the full week as an advantage. Even so, she has yet to beat her father.

"I'll go first," Eva said. Her expression was smug, as if she was certain that she had already won. "Can Alavara use her wings to swim under water?"

"Oh, that's a tough one," Kaizoku frowned. He grabbed his chin to emphasize that he was in thought. "Just Alavara's wings? Not wings in general?"