Chapter 9: Returned Memory

Kaizoku stood up from the dinner table. "That was great, Kearra." He flashed her a smile of appreciation. "I could compare that Sully's cooking."

"Don't thank me, Kai. You know who made the food." She said, but looked awfully happy about it.

"We've known each other since we were kids, Kea. Don't think I forgot what you're cooking tastes like."

"Wawawa?" She bashfully covered her face to hide how red it was getting. Kaizoku grinned with a facial expression that said 'I knew it!'.

"A-Anyways..." She tried really hard to keep  her composure but Kaizoku had already seen through it. "W-Why did you let the Oracle take a look at that girl?" She inwardly cursed herself for stuttering.

"Let's go. I'll explain on the way." He walked to the door and she hurriedly left after him.

As they were walking to where the Oracle had taken Alavara, Kaizoku told Kearra everything that happened from the Hero Summoning Quest. Kearra listened intently and had a curious look on her face. She had tears when she heard what happened to Eva and had a disappointed look when she heard what happened to Hikari.

"Why would you do that to him, are you sure he's alright?"

"Don't wooooorrry, I'm sure he's fine. I gave him three health potions." Kaizoku put out his chest like what he had done was impressive.

"B-But he's only at level 5. Isn't that too dangerous?" She sounded really worried about this boy, but because she cared was one of the reasons that she was Queen.

"I only did it that because of our second barrier requirements, Kea."

"Right..." She hit herself on the head because she had forgotten.

Sagittarius was protected by three barriers. The first barrier let the guard leaders and a few other key players know that people were moving toward the island. The second barrier had harder requirements. The person who enters must be above level 15 and one of their classes needs to be [Pirate]. The third and final barrier that they know of was that to the outside, the entire city was not even there. It was invisible.  The jungle also had a lot of different traps and if the guards opened the wrong gap for you (it would obviously be intentional) you would never make it to the city and would have to deal with dangerous beasts all over the place. It was definitely heavily protected from the enemy pirates.

They finally reached the room that the Oracle had taken Alavara. It was on the east wing of the palace. The room was decorated from top to bottom in witchcraft. (Note: Oracle is a title and does not have to be the person's class. This one's class was [Witch].) There was a bed in the middle of the room that Alavara had been laying on. The Oracle was by her head with her hands by the sides of Alavara's head. It looked like she was chanting because her hands were glowing with a gold colour. Alavara was in a deep sleep.

Kearra leaned onto Kaizoku and whispered into his ear. "What makes you think that Human Empire forged her memories?"

"A hunch."

Kearra slapped herself on the forehead. The Oracle gave a death glare to Kearra and she immediately sank to hide behind Kaizoku's coat. Kaizoku smiled at the Oracle and she immediately went back to her work but first directed them to the large pot near one of the corners of the room. Kaizoku immediately went and Kearra followed, clinging to his coat.

Inside the pot was a greenish liquid that had a foul stench. Kaizoku put a bandanna over his nose and gave another one to Kearra and she did so as well. To her surprise, the bandanna had a sweet aroma and the smell of the pot was gone. They looked at the pot and noticed that it was starting to give an image of what was happening inside Alavara's head. They kept watching.