Chapter 30: Respect

Shout to @SwagyOtaku for helping me write this chapter! Check out his work too!

Enjoy!

~~~~~

"I got you!"

Tackling her out of the way for attack to miss was Hikari. They slid across the ice barely missing the attack.

The blast made its way to the ship Mary Jane but the strong defences installed managed to block it.

"Are you alright?!" Hikari asked as he held onto her.

"Mm. Nothing's wrong!" Eva replied with a relaxed expression. She tried to stand up and walk but immediately collapsed and Hikari caught her.

"Eva!" He yelled.

"I'm... Tired..." She said as her eyes slowly opened and closed and her breathing slowed down. Her heart was still beating heavily and her legs were shivering.

The moment she closed her eyes was the same time when everyone else arrived.

They all fell silent when they saw Eva falling sound asleep. Even the crew that was battling fell silent and watched as Kaizoku wordlessly pick her up and give her to Alavara.

"Make sure that she's taken care off." Was all he said to her and then she was off.

"What now, Captain?" Afshang asked as he took out a bottle of rum and drank it down.

"It's time to start taking this serious," Kaizoku said removing his hat and put it in his inventory. "Everyone," Kaizoku said running his hand through his hair. "Let's all have fun."

"YEAH!!"

As soon as those words left his mouth everyone was back at it again. Afshang went back to his fight with Calico and Alavara flew back to the ship with Eva.

Hikari was about to turn back when Kaizoku grabbed his shoulder.

"Y-Yes, Captain?" He asked.

"You're helping me," Kaizoku said with a devious smile.

"Are you su-"

Before he could finish his sentence he was launched into the air by Kaizoku. "Take care of that bitch!"

Kaizoku followed suit by running across the ice at full speed. All opposing pirates were knocked out of the way and before long he was right in front of Lucy while Hikari was falling down towards her.

"I'm not making it that easy, Kai." And with that a fist connected with Kaizoku's making a powerful reverberation through the air.

"So you're finally joining?" Asked Kaizoku with a smirk.

The one who jumped in was Cortez.

"Let's take this elsewhere." Cortez said with a spinning kick that Kaizoku blocked with his forearms.

"Agreed." He said chanting a water blast that pushed Cortez back and he followed.

It happened so fast that Lucy had barely seen what happened so she braced herself for the human boy falling towards her with a sword in hand. She had raised her large sword with both hands on the handle aimed at him for a strike.

"I'll take care of you, human..." She muttered.

Making sure that his body was upright Hikari had his sword ready to strike. His sword was was single handed so he relied on the momentum to increase his attack.