Ch27

The hall is void of personnel, my only worry is that it is so late into the night that the lighting has been dimmed, enough so that the corridor vanished into a black abyss five paces ahead of my field of vision.

The small hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and my arms are covered in goosebumps, I am unsure why, but I feel uncharacteristically uneasy, it feels as though my body is heavy, like the air itself is shaking, shrouding my skin in a humid blanket.

It is unsettling how I have not encountered a single guard, the only living thing besides myself are the moths mindlessly bouncing off the dim or dying bulbs.

"Helloooo? Earth to pariah. You never told me are destination, where are we going?" BEN whispers quietly, his presence is comforting in this situation, despite him being a ghostly entity his annoying presence is a good distraction.

Though with his personality BEN may get a big head if I rely on him.

I give BEN a minimal amount of my attention, giving the watch a brief glance before offering an explanation, "I need to return to my caretaker, I kind of vanished from under his nose so all hell with break loose if he wakes up and I am not around." I glanced at a few signs as we passed, my brow ruffling with more unease, I don't remember this hall having such rooms, or perhaps I am mistaken, the last time the doctor brought me down here I had been in such a state of awe I could not concentrate. "Ah, and could you do me a favour and refrain from talking when anyone beside myself is around, I can only imagine the consequences that would await."

BEN hummed, tilting his head in thought, a mischievous smile pixeled across his face, I know he understood the seriousness in what I am doing, I believe he would have remained silent if such a situation occurred without my request, he finds this interesting, why would he cut his adventure short by ratting on me.

His snarky smile fell as he awkwardly glanced around, "... So, this office is in Human Containment, right? Could you please tell me why your going to Spector Containment then."

I halted, my shoes squeaking against the surface of the white floor, I didn't need to look around to know he is correct, I must have passed the connecting hall that cuts through the building and back to Human Containment.

".... Oops", I shrug my shoulder sheepishly, turning back from which I came, that was a stupid mistake for me, I must have been to busy worrying that I continued onward without noticing, had BEN not said anything I would be surrounded by vengeful spirits.

A shudder at the thought of more ghosts around, BEN scared the skin off of me already and I think that is more then enough for the night.

BENs crackly, childish laugh vibrated my wrist, "aw, is someone scared of ghosts, Ooh so scary~."

"Shut up BEN, I just don't like the thought that if I am to die I have that chance of coming back! You yourself are not scary the concept of you is." I huffed, annoyed with being misunderstood about something so childish. How can you blame me, if I actually accomplish my own demise and then BAM, suddenly revive as a Spector I would be pretty pissed off.

Just the though of it makes me fume.

"If I die, I want to stay dead"

"Wow, is Slender doing you dirty?"

"..."

BEN sighs, rolling his eyes, "Come one babe, its not all bad. Hell, if you become a ghost ill introduce you to some of my gaming buddies, there assholes but not a lot of people you can hang out with when they all die over time", he crosses his arms and nods his head, already envisioning the interaction, "Its a shame we had to leave them behind in Item Containment, but not everyone is blessed with the ability to hop via electrical device. Unlike moi."