Ch29

"(Y/N)"

I groan, not fully comprehending the call of my name through the groggy daze, the exhaustion weighs over my body, my eyelids lock themselves shut wearily, I still feel the drain the day has brought me, the least you can do is give me some more time to sleep.

"(Y/N), open your eyes"

I turn over, feeling around for a blanket to cover myself with, "Five more minutes mom..." a loud snore vibrates my nasal cavity, some saliva dripped from the curve of my lip.

"... Humans are truly unprepossessing. Wake up mortal, your master commands an audience."

A strong force maneuvers my body, rapidly shaking me out of my delirium far more literally than I would have enjoyed. I cracked an eye open, lazily scanning the dark void and resting my gaze on Zalgo, who sat comfortably on his throne of air, his legs cross and swinging, a snarky grin cracked across his face.

"Do I now have your attention? Good, we have plenty to discus."

I rub my face with the back of my hands, "Damn it Zalgo...  Can't give your subordinate a well-deserved sleep?"

"Of course, of course. I simply enjoy are conversations, spare me some of your time, I will not take up your night."

I crinkle my nose at him in disbelief, I was certain he had been with me through out the fiasco of the evening and had no reason to inquire information he already knows, unfortunately it seems there is no ultimatum it would be best to get the conversation over and done with.

I sigh, a strained yawn following after, of course encountering this entity now of all times is just- "Your luck?" Zalgo chuckles, though it is genuine his voice is low, soft, far weaker to the ear then his persona normal would allow.

"Ya..." I bit at my lip, "How is The Slenderman doing? I am still to meet the boy's tomorrow by the fencing, right?"

Zalgo's smile vanished, a strained grimace taking its place, he hummed to himself, scratching at his chin with his inhumanly long fingernail, "Slender is looking rather fragile, he and I have been busy stabilizing the Overworld but far too much damage has been done, The Proxies had some issues of there own and may be a little behind schedule but should make it on time for your recess."

I sighed softly, rubbing at my temples, don't know if it is my sleeping position but I feel like shit, the slightest headache thumps rhythmically is turning into a migraine, my throat is dry, scratchy, and my muscle ache with the stiffness of overexertion, I am a little relived with are progress but also at an impasse, every step forward we seem to make we fall two steps behind overnight.

"Not a favourable position for use, I admit."

...

Zalgo and I sat in silence, he looked disappointed in are drop of conversation but also uncertain on how to restart one himself, he opened his mouth a few times, glancing my way in a shifty and awkward gesture.

"So..." I cleared my throat, "You can read my mind huh, that's pretty... invasive."

Zalgo's posture rose, adapting an arrogant aura, "Indeed, quiet a useful little trick, I particularly enjoy listening to what your thoughts in tale. I'm not even sure you fully understand what you yourself think about sometimes. Then there is your ability, unique, overpowered, and yet it curses you down to your very soul."

I filched slightly, adjusting the hem of my white uniform out of discomfort, "You seem to know a lot about my luck. I just wish I knew what made me like this, there is literally nothing that can explain this shit and it's driving me insane!"