Prologue

Everything is so dark...

So light...

Falling....

I'm falling...

Falling so far....

Arms embrace me from behind, catching my drifting body.

I'm surrounded by beings, I feel as though I should know who they are. I can't make out any of there faces, but I can tell they are worried.

'Why?'

'Why are you so sad...?'

The back of my head bumped against the cold metal siding, jolting my consciousness back to reality.

I glance around, licking the drizzle of saliva from my lips.

I had been caught, cuffed, and chained to the metal interior of the armored vehicle, pinned and surrounded by heavily armed personnel.

well, less caught and more thrown to the wolves, no thanks to a particular twitching Proxy.

The guards have yet to remove the melted white mask from my face, yet to reveal my identity, much to my surprise, and gratitude.

"Are we there yet...?" my voice dry and raspy, I ask the same question every hour and it's been to many too count, the men around me are irritated with my constant bickering, sighing and rolling there eyes in exasperation.

The officer across from me caught me eyeing him down, it was incredible unnerving how he held my gaze, challenging, contempt, the gaze someone uses when peeling gum from one's shoe.

He scoffed "You talk a lot for a Proxy", spitting on the metal flooring below him, "We will be there soon, shut your yap or ill put you back to sleep" he cocked his rifle full of feathery purple tranq darts.

I rolled my eyes, best to stay quiet I suppose, there not much to look at, but the heavy tension they emit ripples the hairs on my neck, these guys are nothing to scoff at.

Professionals.

I felt the same intensity from the Proxy boys.

I made a promise to them, to myself, and I will keep that promise.

I don't know how many armed guards they have at the institution, I don't know the layout, or any vital information that could give me a hand in completing my objective safely and effectively.

For a second a thought crossed my mind, can I live up to the expectations of those relaying on me?

A grin spread across my face, a quick, subtle chuckle passed my lips.

Of course I can.

Because I'm Lucky.