Ch8

The cafeteria in this place is sizable, stretching the length of half a football field, the serving area took the far wall, protective glass and baring separated the servers from the patients.

Taking a square plastic tray and following behind the line to the servers I scanned the tables for Helen, finding him with relative ease sitting alone in the far corner. He didn't seem to be touching his meal, I would have wondered why had I not a nice view of the disc shaped hockey pucks stacked in colourful order, separated by signs reading 'vegetables', 'meat', and a relatively broad spectrum of 'others.'

The haggard lady at the counter remained stoic, thrusting a circular tablet of green, orange, and pink onto my tray, giving it a surprising weight in my grip, I exited the line after that, not feeling the need to explore any more mystery food.

I sat before Helen in a hard wood chair, his head was held low, his white smiling mask neatly placed beside his tray of untouched coloured food, he seems uncaring of another's presence.

I placed my mask on the table, smiling at his inattentiveness "No hello? did you forget about me already?"

Helen lifted his head, his Azure eyes wide, his mouth opened as if to retort my claim, he returned to his placid look, averting his eyes from my gaze.

"...Yes"

Ouch, my poor fragile heart.

He looked slightly embarrassed being caught off guard as I had, his cheeks slightly flushed, "and don't call me Helen in public, I resent that name."

I smiled at him, wheeling around the green disk on my tray with my finger, "I refuse, I think your name is cute."

"Wha-" He coughed into his hand, his face flushing red to the tips of his ears, had I known it was this fun to mess with him, ide have befriended him long ago.

He cleared his throat, attempting to regain his composure, "I have wanted to ask you (Y/N), how did you end up in this mess? you didn't seem like the kind of person too, well..."

"Shit happens, I suppose I'm trying to figure things out for myself." I allowed the disk to fall back onto the tray followed by a hollow thud, "what is this stuff!? is it even edible?"

Helen snorted, indulging me in my obvious attempt to change the subject, "I believe they gave you spinach, yam, and a bologna disk, they all have the texture of biting off hardened glue, but they don't taste bad."

"Oh, joy, hardened glue is my favourite..." I took a reluctant bite from the object, it crumbled instantly in my mouth, Helen was honest when he said it didn't taste bad, but the texture will take some getting used to.

A sublet giggle from Helen surprised me, he was grinning devilishly, "the look on your face, that's something even I may find hard to recreate."

"Helen yo-"

"Wow BP, I didn't think you where physically capable of smiling"

A tray was placed beside me, I glanced up to the owner of the feminine voice.

There stood a young woman, a porcelain mask covered her features so closely decorated like masky's it was uncanny, black hair of a wig fell to her lower back, covering her burn scared up neck, I think she was one of the girls in the group with Clockwork.

"You might just break your face"

Helen's smile fell, he huffed and shook his head, "I don't know what you are talking about."

The girl hummed, not buying his act, she turned her attention to me, her gaze made me feel just as uneasy as Clockworks did, my inability to see her eyes behind her mask did not help.

"Who is your friend? oh yes, you where at the meeting where you not?" she sounded snarky, but her voice did hold interest, "(Y/N) right, or would you prefer Smudgy?"

Helen sighs, shaking his head in disapproval, "(Y/N) this is Jane the Kill-"

"Jane the everlasting, thank you very much, I want no relation to that lunatic", Jane slammed her fist against the table and although it was firmly screwed to the floor it shook violently with the impact.

"Who are you referring too?" there is someone who even those who are lunatics consider crazy? man I wish this place came with a pamphlet.

Helen grimaces, "She's referring to Jeff the killer, they have an... odd relationship"

"Its rivalry. That sketchy smiling coconut has caused a lot of shit, I'm glad he finally got caught but fuck man, there not even going to give him the death penalty!"

... Wait a minute.

"This guy would not happen to have a brother, would he?"

Jane nodded slowly, "How did you know? yes he had a brother, Liu woods, one of his first victims. Shame really, nice kid."

Jane's head drooped before whipping to the front of the cafeteria, she stood hastily as a body collided with enough force to flip the chair she sat in, both Helen and I sat staring in surprised at the man pinning her to the ground, his raven black hair charred into fizziness, and his pale burned skin melted into the white straight jacket folding his arms behind his back.

Jane kicked him off of her, sending him onto the tabletop, the man laughed historically through the barred muzzle strapped tightly against his face, just overshadowing the grotesque incisions torn his cheeks into a permanent smile.

Helen sighs, sitting himself back into his chair, "don't worry about them, as long as we stay uninvolved they will leave us alone."

I followed suit, setting myself back into my seat as Jane tore the man off the table and out of sight, "so that's him, thought he would be bigger."

I replaced my mask to my face, no longer having the stomach for the food, I had to somehow get myself out of sight for the time being if I want to get information.

"Say Helen, I passed a first aid room on my way to the meeting, is it used for patents?"

Helen paused, nodding his head in affirmation "ya it would have to be right now, after Jeff's little morning spaz attack the original is blacked off from use, why do you ask?"

Good timing, I owe Jeff a thank you, "just curious, looked like a nice place."

I notice just in time to duck Jane who flew across the table, knocking her tray onto the floor along with her body, the guards stationed at the doors haul her to her feet, her mask now had a definite crack along the forehead, her body seethed with anger and animosity.

Two personal held Jeff back, giggles fell from his mouth, his body twitched, and not once has he blinked, this man is a scary individual indeed, but Liu did ask me to let him know and this may be my only chance.

"Say Jeff" his milky blue eyes sat on me, bloodlust oozed from him, "Liu says hi."

He lost it, Jeff wrenched his arms from the containment of the jacket, ripping himself free from the guards and grabbed the first thing in arms reach, he swung the object with all his chaotic might, busting the thing over my head.

The men apprehended Jeff once more, dragging him to the doors, I sat on the ground, blood gushed from my nose.

That hurt. That hurt a lot.

"Well... that was not the smartest thing to do" Helen stood himself beside me, I could feel my eyes burn as salty tears rolled off my chin, "if you wanted to meet the guy you should have- are you crying?"

"Yes I'm crying, he hit me with a chair!"