Ch43

The three of us stood quietly in the hallway, I look between the two, perplexed by the sparks flying around their eyes.

Jonathan's gaze flick over to glance at me for a single moment, as though using my presence to shake away whatever turmoil had begun to surface.

"... Eyeless."

A subtle acknowledgement, a cold call void of any welcome.

Eyeless straightened himself, appearing far larger standing upright with his shoulders back. Challenging. Threatening. His deep grumbling voice devoid of any hint to what the entity could be expressing. He takes a deep breath, the holes of his mask shifting in my direction ever so slightly.

"I see you kept your promise, much appreciated (y/n)."

He disregards the deep huff Jonathan exhibits, an obvious act of ignoring the man.

"I am pleased to have come across you so soon, I do hope you would allow me to tag along, I am getting awfully tired of tripping over a variety of obstacles left in the halls, need to follow something around to get anywhere", he grumbles, flexing his hand and stretching his blood coated fingers, "the halls ahead are bare, I took care of any who crossed my path."

"That's unlike you, I thought you were all about self preservation", Jonathan scoffs, "or does the blind man need an escort to the front door?"

Eyeless growls something low and animalistic, "I could say the same to you Puppeteer, I hadn't pegged you as a running dog, I see (y/n) has made enough of an impression to have you tag along", his head shifts from shoulder to shoulder, humming amusingly at Jonathan's lack of rebuttal, "I see, must be a personal reason."

I pry myself into the middle of the conversation before things can get to heated.

"You CP's like to waste time don't you", I ignore the two and continue my way, slipping past Jack. I twist around, jostling my arms to emphasize the obvious destination, "you ladies going to start pulling each others hair or pick up the pace so I can finally buy some ice cream?"

I didn't look back as I continued further, the sombre steps being my one confirmation that I still have companions following along.

Jack had under emphasized killing everything in his way, the halls are littered with the bodies of both staff and unassociated patients, gored and broken. No doubt Jack used these unfortunate souls as stress relief, to quill the blood lust that had accumulated throughout his time ensnared within these walls.

Jonathan whistles, dragging a finger along the blood-stained wall and rolling the fresh liquid between his thumb and index finger.

"Someone's awly, wake up on the wrong side of the concrete?"

Jack gave a humorless snort, "Shut it."

I retch at the scene. The heavy copper smell and immoderate visual turns the stomach, the air warmed by lingering body heat clings to my skin in a sticky and humid fashion.

I swallow back the heavy lump in my throat, keeping my focus ahead to keep my feet from catching on the severed limbs, briefly lifting my gaze as we passed the entrance to Entity Containment, the reinforced automated door broken open with a strong force, the metal protruding outward in sharp bent shards.

"I am guessing not all these bodies are your doing?"

A guttural chuckle, Eyeless saunters to my side to take in the distorted steel.

"BEN opened all of Entity containment at once, some weren't patient enough to wait for the door."

I scrunch my nose at the stain of blood trailing from the hall floor into the gaping hole of the containment area, the sting of metal heavy with the draft flowing out of the seemingly vacant room. It is apparent some residences are not in much of a hurry to leave as others.