Ch38

Heather smile falters as I frown, dabbles of sweat forming on her brow. She looks upon me with nervousness, her eyeshift around, pretending we didn't make eye contact. Her demeanor has changed considerably, looking upon me as another dangerous patient under her watch. 

"I was informed you had a steady relationship with Mr. Woods, that he is an individual you frequently conversed with during your breaks."

I raise a brow, sceptical, It's safe to say Heather no longer looks upon me with favour. why else would she room me with a guy who has a literal title of 'the killer'.

Helen seems to have the same idea, shifting where he stood at my side, his hands balled into an angered fist.

I sigh, crossing my arms as I confidently kept eye contact, as irritated about this development as I am, I enjoy watching someone who considers themself my superior squirm with a simply glance.

"Does David know about this?"

His name if foreign on my tongue, my brows scrunching at the name that left my mouth. It was a subconscious call, one that startled Heather and I both.

She didn't answer my question, I already know the man would not allow such a transfer, preferring a petty thief over an incomprehensive mass serial killer. 

Heather may be subtle and act timid, but it is safe to say she is trying to distance me from the doctor, get rid of me if possible, thinking I might manipulate her superior or something heinous. 

I would though. I think I have.

Jokes on her, Jeff and I haven't been as hostile with one another as of late, as long as I dont set him off he is relatively easy to deal with. 

Heather made space for me to exit my room, I gave Helen once last smile, getting a sad nod in return.

Two heavily armed guards awaited me, the usual location transfer procedure entails,the halls have an eerie echo as four pairs of shoes slap against the tile, most faculty room ar left dark, without the bodies to occupy. Quiet, deathly silent.

she took a moment to compose herself, flashing me a closed eyed grin while reaching for the door, muffled murmuring can be heard from behind the hardwood.

"Once you finish your time with the convention I will have one of our guards escort you to CH-0029", Heather's smile is cracked, her voice forced the cheer she once expressed, "I trust you know the regulations, while entitled to mingle, no more destruction from you."

"Yes mam", I give her an unenthusiastic salute, rolling my eyes as she open the large double door. 

She backs away as I step forward, watching my every move as I wordlessly brush passed her to enter the busy, scowling at her jumpy and unsubtle behaviour.

'What a coward', I scoff as she shuts the door with a sigh of relief.

I say busy loosely, the room is unusually quiet, the participants sitting in contempt, the perfect circle of chairs lacking considerable number of asses.

"Good to have you join us (y/n), please have a seat", the man in white smiles, a scary false show.

The chair creaked as I flop into the space next to Jane and Clockwork. I flash them a cheeky grin, chuckling as Clockwork sticks her tongue out as far as humanly possible and wiggling the muscle obscenely between her fingers.

Jane has her usual stoic demeanor, her mask hugging her face tight, I can't see her eyes behind the black lining, but I can tell she has a slight anxiety hanging over her. I want to question why, she usually held herself with confidence.