Ch10

The questions started off simple enough, abstract, questions you can easily answer to a stranger, all the question end with him asking 'why' when answered.

What is your favourite colour, your favourite activity, why is that? It got annoying really quick, does it matter? Who cares if I enjoy eating spoon full's of mayonnaise on a Tuesday morning, is that something your proud of finding out?

Then the question got personal, he asked me things that have answers I have not given to any living being, asked me if I know things, why do you know those things, do you think he knows these things?

Of course, why would he not know, he knows a lot of things. He knows so much that he probably knows who the he your talking about is.

Regardless of my thoughts of the questioning I answered honestly, even filled in some blanks involving my luck, not like he will believe me, but he wanted the truth, besides, I have nothing to lose with the random questions and he will gain little from knowing what I have to say.

The questioning was long, he filled out three full pages of information into his notebook, nodding to himself before placing it down, and joining the doctor in the hall, he did not shut the door all the way, I took the opportunity to stand by the gap and listen in on the two.

The nurse sighed heavily, shaking his head and gritted his teeth, "I don't understand how you could have missed this David, the kid is messed up, there is no way you could have not seen something no matter how long ago you last diagnose them."

The doctor sighs sadly, wiping his face with his hands, "it was not this bad then, I thought I just had to be there to-"

"There is no just being there David, (she/he) has an Icarus complex, that's not something you can just hug away! That along with NPD makes this kid on the starting stages of a megalomaniac! You should be lucky they haven't had a body count high enough to put them on the wanted list!"

I listened in silence at the door, they are taking this way to seriously, an incorrect diagnosis. In my book being confident does not make you a narcissist, I may be a little more flamboyant than others but come on.

"I'll have a talk with them..." the doctor hangs his head low, staring at his feet.

"Not today, recess is about to begin, keep an eye on them and have your talk tomorrow"

I returned to my seating a little grumpier, folding my arms and swinging my legs, the doctor returned alone a half-hearted smile on his face, "... I'll return you to the cafeteria, your about to get a break outdoors, please don't start another fight (Y/N)."

"I didn't start a fight Dr. M, it was a misunderstanding"

He nodded, taking my hand in his, "I... tomorrow I'll come get you, I would like us to talk"

"About?"

A smile formed on his face, his eyes glossing over, "the past"

A shiver ran up my back, I hid my discomfort, pushing myself out of the chair, shaking his hand from my own, I'm fortunate to have my mask on, else he sees the contortion of my face into displeasure.

He looked a little hurt by my distancing, glancing at his empty hand as I got to my feet, we exited the first aid room, returning to the cafeteria where he waved goodbye and allowed me to rejoin Helen who still sat alone.

"That took a while, did they give you new teeth while you where in there?" Helen sat before his now empty tray, his mask placed firmly on his face, he looked to have been finished his lunch a while ago.

I snorted at him, smiling to myself, "did you wait for me? Aw Helen, I didn't know you loved me so much"

He stared at me, a dull look in his eye "... let's go, the courtyard is open, I'll introduce you to some of my... coworkers"

He didn't deny it.