Ch15

My consciousness returned to me in a white padded room, lit only by a single standard florescent bulb that hugged the concrete ceasing.

Many of the soft foam cubes of padding covering the wall had been torn, pulled apart to reach the solid wall behind it.

It's an ugly room, a sad white square.

I struggled to pull myself against the wall, my nerves still prickly from the sensation of the shock.

I dragged my wrist into the view of my tunnel vision, pulling back my uniform sleeve and squinting harshly at the watch wrapped tightly against my skin.

Fortunately, I had not been out for more then an hour. The guys who dragged me here most likely dumped me into the doorway without a search, or a care.

'Fuck man, with all this bad luck something phenomenal is going to happen to me soon'

I'm a little worried, I've not experienced this amount of misfortune in a single day. I hope the institution does not explode unexpectedly, be kind of shitty to tell Slender all his support died because I was having a crappy day and the universe abided by my wish of wanting to leave as soon as possible.

I flexed my hand, trying to regain some feeling in my fingertips, the shock had messed up my nervous system, quiet a dangerous thing to do to a person, had the voltage been a bit higher I may have ended up as a human vegetable.

I dragged a finger along the metallic outer layer of the collar firmly secure around my neck, a newfound distaste for the accessory.

I pushed myself to my feet, groaning when my knees buckled underneath the weight of my body. I sit myself against the wall, sitting comfortably while waiting for my body to regain itself. It's pointless to force my body up, the steel door is tightly locked with no way for me to sneak out of it.

"Hey pansy, you awake in there?"

A deep raspy voice echoed out a vent in the wall, breaking the disturbing silence the room provided.

I sat myself up a bit, startled by the voice, "Jeff?"

The vent is no bigger than my fist, sitting only a few inches from the padded floor, the circular grate firmly screwed into the hard wall for ventilation connects the rooms beside one another.

A loud yet muffled laugh echoed from the room over, "good you are, I was beginning to get bored"

"I thought you where crazy, can't you just conjure a voice to talk to?"

Jeff chuckled, I can almost hear the smile, "you see, that's what I like about you, you don't hold your tunge, you should ditch that tall, faceless man with the stick up his ass, and work under me instead"

A could not help but chuckle along with him, "sorry mister Jeff the killer, but even if I agreed to that it would not end well for me"

'Because you can't kill me'

It was silent on his side for a moment, when he did speak again his voice held more of a sternness, "I've heard your close to that doctor guy, you're not some inside spy are you?"

My brows furrowed the mention of the doctor ruining my mood once more, "no, he and I have known one another for a long while, even before all of this"

"Before, you mean the beginning? He your dad or something-"

"NO." I grit my teeth, shaking my head, "he damn well acts like it though"

"Oh? You hate him, I'll kill him for you if you want" Jeff's voice deepened, a ring of excitement or something impatient, "in return you have to work under me, how does that sound?"

I remained unmoved, unfazed by his offer to take the life of someone I have known for so long, someone who took care of me until my adult hood. Perhaps it's because I expected such from 'Jeff the killer', or maybe I'm just that mad at Dr. M for spilling my secrets, naïve as he is.

"As I've said, it would not end well"

Jeff huffed, loud rattling of metal echoed out the vent, along with other muffled voices from Jeff's side.

"Looks like I'm being evaluated, let's talk again (Y/N), I'm not about to give up easy~"

"Hmph, there's nothing easy about you is there" my groaning mixed with Jeff's fading laugh, the room plunging into silence once more.

Somewhere while we talked my body regained some of its feeling, I flexed my fingers once more before getting to my feet. I'm unsure how long I am to be waiting in this room, solitary confinement could last for weeks, even longer depending on the patient.

Rattling echoed off the far wall, my other neighbor must be having a tough time. I carefully approached, watching my feet as my legs wobbled, almost falling face first into the padded wall.

I leaned over the vent, listing to the cursing of the patent in the room over, mumbling about fairness and human rights.

"Greeting fellow captive"

The mumbling stopped, a confused pause.

"... hello?"

"Alex is that you over there?"

Another pause, the dull light on the opposite side of the vent shadowed over from Alex leaving before the vent.

"(Y/N)? How did you end up in solitary?"

"Beat the shit out of Jeff, he asked for it though, literally. You?"

Alex hummed, "I hit a staff member, they would not listen to me. The only reason I'm in this damn place is because they think I still have a connection to that monster! I don't I tell you, not after-...."

He sighed, leaving me with little information on his history, I get this guy is, or was somehow involved with The Slenderman's proxies but how is something he will not say.

"You can tell me you know, maybe I can pass something on"

Alex sighed again, taking a few deep breathes, "a few years ago I started a project, a few close buddies of mine aided in helping me out with the filming but it got next to nowhere after 'he' showed up, filled my head with a lot of lies, made me do a lot of things, I thought I was doing the right thing but after Tim almost killed me and fell of the face of the earth I completely forgot about the incident until I stumbled upon a YouTube account"

Alex paused, mumbling something inaudible before continuing in a shaky voice, "I tried to find them, tried to help, I was grabbed off the street by some guys from this organization and brought here. I told them I know nothing they want but they either don't believe me, or don't care."

So he feels responsible for there situation, for there misfortune, however.

"You want some advice?"

"I suppose, don't have anything else to do in here"

"Stop looking for them"