Ch12

The guards return Helen and I to are room, it was not as eventful as a day as I had thought but I got a good mental map in my head, incomplete as it is.

"What's your thoughts on this place so far?" Helen sat himself on his bed, discarding his mask on his nightstand, he looks tired, dark circles surround his eyes.

I shrug at him removing my own mask, "it's boring"

He hums, "yes it is, apparently this place was built overnight, the headmaster didn't have the time to really think about anything besides containment. Some are saying that's going to change soon"

Grumbling I flop in my bed, bringing my pillow closer to my body, "Jesus I need a shower, this collar is not going to electrocute me, will it?"

"Nah, just don't try to take it off and your good"

I threw my pillow at him, while walking past to the bathroom, he seemed offended for a moment, but I caught him smirking as I shut the door.

Unsurprisingly the bathroom was small, only large enough to contain a toilet a sink and a shower. A small mirror hung over the sink, screwed into the wall and made of a sturdier material instead of glass, my reflection did not do me justice at the moment, my hair frazzled and poufy, specs of blood still clung to my face along with sweat from the previous night, I felt just as disgusting as I looked.

I peeled the bandage from my forehead, the injury was no more then a scratch, only bleeding so much because it was a head wound, my nose is a little purple but for being hit by a chair I got off good.

I smile at my reflection, my teeth long tuned yellow from the nights in the woods, thankfully the uniform this place provided is not hell to take off, there are a lot of clips though once unfastened the clothing fell from my shoulders and into the tile floor.

The hot water on my skin is heaven, I can feel the grime gliding off me, when was the last time I had a shower, I can't seem to remember.

I take a deep breath, Inhaling the heavy vapour the heat provided, the doctor wants to have a talk about the past tomorrow, I have a good idea on the topic, but I don't know if I can handle it. Things are moving so fast yet so slow it is alarming and stressful.

God, I feel exhausted suddenly, I turn the shower off, drying myself with the provided towel and dressing in a fresh uniform, my legs feel so heavy, I can't keep my eyes open.

I exit the bathroom almost tripping on the corner of the door, feeling around I roll into bed and wrap the warm covers around my body.

... so...nice

I feel so relaxed, my body limply sinking into the cotton candy bedding, the pillow morphing before my eyes into a wafer cookie, it's been so long since my last good dream, I must monopolize it as much as I can. My body floats from the candy bed, hovering through the sent of lavender, my arms wrap around a soft form, "this is the biggest fucking gummy bear I have ever seen"

The soft blue bear jiggled in my arms, I pull it closer to my body, shamelessly inhaling the lavender scent, I rub my chin into the junction separating its body from its head, biting a chunk away.

"Ahhhhh!!" The bear screams.

Wait.

My eyes fly open, Helens eyes stare back at me wide and as surprised as mine, his mouth hung agape unable to summarize the situation we are in.

I remove my teeth from his shoulder, giving him some room, I seem to have jumped into the wrong bed last night, woops.

"You... are you trying to eat me?" Helen sat up, his arms firmly wrapped around his body protectively.

"Not you, I thought you where a bear!" My explanation earned a sharp glare from the male, I could tell he was contemplating my livelihood with that look.

"It was a dream ok, I'm sorry for biting you, but I am comfortable and refuse to move" he snarled at me, flipping back onto the bed and stealing all the blankets, he said nothing as he lay bundled in the white bedding.

Unfortunately for him however I am not giving up my peace "Helen~"

He didn't stir, I wrapped my arms around him and scooted as close as my body could get to him, "Helen are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Lies, if you're not mad share your blanket" I tugged on the cover, trying to subtly remove it from his body, thankfully he did let it go, allowing me to pull it from him and wrap myself with him.

"You know... I haven't had such a calm sleep in years" I pulled Helen closer to me, snuggling myself to his back, "your the best Helen"

"Sleep" his voice is deeper then usual, a faint red tint lined his ear, it must be odd for him, I just show up suddenly and act all buddy with him, yet he is being open minded for me, and I greatly appreciate that.

"...you're the best"