Ch22

I quickly made distance between Jeff and Nina's table, I have no desire to implement myself between the twos fiasco and I don't want to be included in any more fights, more attention from faculty may lead to a shorter leash, longer isolation, and I can't afford to waste my time locked away.

Helen's face brightened when he sees me, waving me over to his table soft and slow, he instantly began to question me, asking where I had been dragged off too, the rest of the group quieted down to hear my answer.

I only said the minimum, it was not such an interesting story I had to describe it step by step, I smiled at them reassuringly, stealing a carrot biscuit off Helen's plate, "the nurse is usually a pain in the ass, I think I made him nervous today though, he would not look me in the eye."

"Probably because your aura changed, a lot more... intimidating? hard to approach?... Well, you fit in more now so you must have had an epiphany" Clockworks giggled, her eyes narrow and dull, her fingers tapped rythmatical against her grinning teeth, "Yes, its good, a good feeling."

Jane placed a heavy hand on Clockworks shoulder but resigned to ignoring the crazed mumbling of the teen. Jane sighs, her stare piercing into my soul, "Something more happened right? There is something familiar about the feeling you give off now."

I though for a moment, I skipped over my conversation I had while I was asleep, but I don't find it informative for them to know about it, perhaps if I-

"̯̟̀D̘͍̥ơ͇ņ͕̝̼̩̰̦'͎̬̥͇̥͕̕t̙̣͎̟̩ ̝͖̦̭̰̹̳s̳̹̰̥̼͉̼a҉y̙͇̮͈͇͜ ̴̱̼͕̤̰a͎̻ ͇͈̹̕w̗̰̬o̧͔̦r̰̖͓̜̣̫d̩̣͇͇̤ ͓̬̘̥̠̦m̢̤̻̯o̢̳̬͈͉͖r͞t̠͘a̬̘̳l̠͇͓̪̕"͏̥̳͔

"Wow what the fuck-!"

I stabilized myself from almost falling from my chair, my abrupt yelp startled those at the table, there surprised faces giving me their full attention.

"Jesus Smudgy, I had not taken you as someone so loud" Alex held his chest, his glasses askew from his body's frightened jolt, "The hell happened?"

I looked back at him and the others, thinking on how to explain my sudden outburst. That sounded just like-

"̫̙̗̫D̟̺͕̹̗̘o ͙̰̹͙̤̝n͔̬̮̠̼͎o̶t̪̞ ̷̦͓i͖̭͚̝͙ͅn͖̞͈̩̗͍̦͞f̳̩̦̫̖ó̰̱̣r̨̬͔̥͚̫̩m̩͝ ̯͖͓̼̖t̵̝h̷̼͚͇̟̘̳̩è̦̥͎̙m̗̟̲̮ ͇̺̣̣̫̰̕o̵̫̠̤̘̫͖f̛͓͙̝̺̟̫ ͏̦̥̬͉y̠͕͜o̺̤͉͔̺͓̪u̦̮̬̰̦̳r̟̞̣͔͈̯ ͕͖̩̮c̟͎̲̯̻̗̀o̳̱̠̫̤n͎͖̪̕n͓͉̲̜͓͞e̟̦̙̱̼͞c͕̤̹͉͉͠t̸̥̬̳͚͚̤̲i̧̭͓o̧̭̥̤͔n̯̫̗̫̬,̺͍̙͉̖̝͕ ̗͘i̴t̝͍̝̭̘̭̮ ̵͈̮i͙͉͝s̻̱ ̤̼̟̥̝o̱͇̖̝̠̤ ͓̖̺̞r̫̭̦͝e̜̼m͙̬̣͎a̮̤̼̥͘ͅi̴̞̯̜̫̲̰̞nͅ ͉̻̱͕̭cơ͖̘̬͙̙n̛̙̹͖̙̠f̜͙̜́i͔̕d̟̘en̪̣͇̭͢ͅṱ͚̻͖̼i͈͖̣͎a̷l̘̪̲͘"͍̰͍̩̩͙̰

'Zalgo? WTF man, a little warning if you please'

"̴͎͖͖̙̼̥T̞e̸̖̲̤̟͔se̡̱̫̤̙̜͇̞ ͞m̞̝͡ó͖͔̬r͍͓̝̹͖t̪̺͉̜̤a̞̲̙̯͢l̀ș̮ ̷̣̠̘̬̱d͔̰̙͚̭̼̖o͖̥̩͝ ̛n̘̪̘̦̞͕̩o̶͔̰̼͎t̫̮ h̤͙̱̤͇̦̥ą̘v̛̙̞̬͖̳ͅ ̩t̖h̳̼͠e͍̗̱̼͇̟̫͞ ̥b̼͍͠e҉̪͍͉̝s̢͍ț̴̦̪̺̩ ͔op̜̯͢i̙̥͚̦̰̳͚ṇ͇͔i̸̼͇̬̺͔̦o͖̣n̩̜̳͖̖̰͘ ̺̮̩͘of̙̬ ̭͎̤̘̩̟͞m̬̳ę̰̳͈̻̤̬,͖̹͕ ͝t͎̬͎̟̜̬́ͅh͏͈͓̮̩̺̳̰u̵s̴̰̠ y͈͇̼̜o̜̻͔̩̥u̹̟ͅͅ ͕̟̩̬̼͎̣͡s̼̰h̖̱͟ͅa̝ḷ͓͍̬̞̬̥l̨͈̠̪͈͓ ͇̼̬͖n̕o̝͉̞t̝͓̻̥̹͍̱ ̯̳̙̪̮͙̳͡s͉̭h͚̠a̼͘r̖̜̦͡e̞͢ ͙̠y͞o̭̫ù̩̲̰̰̱͙̟r͙͎͙̬̤̘ͅ ̘b̺r͖̺̞̯̣ạ͖̰ͅn̝͈͜d̻̥͈̯i͈̫̭̞͓̹n̳̳̹̜̞̫g̩̩̤̣͖.͈ ̻͎̟I͖͙̖͠f͕̙ ҉͉̟̠y̤̳͕͙͚ǫ̗̻̣̙̮͙̮u҉̯̖ ̰m̟͈͙̣̫̦ͅa̦̹͔͞y,̷͉̱ ͖̱̜͙͔͕t̲̩̙͙̦͢r̡y̰̠͙͍̼ ̱͕̤̹̕t̥̤̦͎͉̱o̪̱̺̺̪͝ ̴b͏̲̝e͇͈̩͎̟ ͠m̸͉̤̻͚͍̜̻o͍͖̣̤̜͓͜r͖̞̙̞͕̰̗e̘̣ ̡̟̫͚f͕̙̟͍̮ṟ̷͔͍m͔̖̺̮ͅa͉͈̦̬̟l̸̙̤̠̭ ͕̯͕͉̀ị̹n̲̺̘͓̘͙ͅ ̵̘̥͎̜t̡̜̱h̨̺̠͈̦̜e ̹̜̳f̧͔u͕̥̟͕̯̟t̙̹͙̺̭̤͚u̶͈̜̳r͇̩e͖͡, ̞̳̙a̙̰͉͎d̞̖͎d̶̠̣̲ͅr̳̼e̞̥s͏ ̵͕̘͍̥̱͙m̤̞͇̺͡e̹͙̤͟ ͢a͍͎̖̘̭s̷͔̬̣̟̻ ͔̮̺͓̼̭͚y̜o̴u̡r̸͉ ͡b̮̱̥͍͞o̷̹s̲s̸̺̩"̮͕͉̞

'The hell, you pop out of nowhere and demand such things? Can you at least tell me how Slend-' a soft thread felt as though it had been tugged free from my head, 'Zalgo? Zalgo!'

I looked around the cafeteria like a fool, I knew I would not see anything around, but the supernatural occurrence had my brain jumbled.

Nathan cleared his throat, "...right, you still there?" I nodded at him, scratching the back of my neck in both embarrassment and disbelief, "Ya it was just... uh."

I looked at Helen for help, I am at a lose on how to change the subject, Helen understood but looked just as interested in my behavior as the others, he probably is going to ask me about it once more when we are escorted back to the holding rooms, "Lets leave them alone guys, probably still not feeling the best."

Nathan shook his head, his nose scrunched, his sharp glare not leaving my masked face, "A Proxy can easily be overwhelmed when they are not in the right mind, it is best to know how their mental state is when there is a shift in personality, or so I have read"

It is quiet again, me being the center of attention is in itself overwhelming, Zalgo says its a no go on a proper, honest explanation, so what am I supposed to say? I look around again, trying to catch on some sort of distraction at the very least, nothing helpful is around, however.

"Its... umm" The watch under my sleeve managed to catch my uniform during my uncomfortable shuffling, I froze for a moment, tugging my wrist free. That's right, I am in a uniform fit for people in an institution, I wear an ugly mask whenever I can, and I am a murderer.

So why am I trying to find a sane excuse when I can bullshit?

"...The... voices..." I glance at the unmoving expressions at the table, I clear my throat and raise my voice, "ya, ThE VoIcEs !! oh they tell me to.... do.... um... bad things!.. And stuff." I dramatically place the back of my hand against my forehead, limply falling against the tables surface. Come on (Y/N), your acting is far better then this, get it together!

Clockwork chimed in on my hammy belting, "Toby told me that The Operator does that sometimes, makes people hear things, see things." Alex nodded in silent agreement, shifting his gaze away from me and to his lap, his expression woeful and down.

Helen rose from his chair and tugged on my shoulders, "Come, ill take you back to are room, it would be best for you to rest there, away from others."

His eyes held disbelief, a sharp tinge when he looked at me, He knows me better then the others he more then likely saw past my lie, I knew he would ask something when we are alone, but it was the best way to get the others of my back.

I agreed, trudging behind Helen as he informed the guards who escorted us out of the area, I do not want to disappoint Helen as he is the closet person I have outside my history, someone who can not judge me for what they do now know.

"Say Helen, you trust me, right?" the question was involuntary, but an honest one. Helen said nothing, I knew he heard me but chose to not answer, my heart hurt but I understood, killers can't truly trust another killer.

That is something I have to endure to the end.

After all, I new from the beginning I would be dying alone.

I had already resolved myself to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for 100+ followers guys, I have so many plans for future books that my brain is getting confused.

I asked this question in Good Luck! and I want some more input, who are you hoping to see in this series, more of? What are your predictions on the future of this character? I am not using your answers as prompts, I am simply curious, the whole plot of this book is done so I just have to get the time to write it.