Ch6

I barley managed to strap my mask to my face before being removed from the confined space, this lady is strict, mumbling how she had to 'keep on schedule'.

A lot of personnel lined the halls in compared to yesterday, they paced the halls in a hurry. Something had to have happened, but the stern presence of this lady leading Helen and I down the hall deterred me from voicing my thoughts.

I had not realized how sore the shackles had left me, having to sleep with them all night allowed deep red chafing to form around my wrist, I can only assume my ankles are in no better condition, Helen seemed unbothered, probably used to the treatment after however long he has been here.

The lady stopped before a large double door, tapping her pen irritable on her clipboard, she turned to Helen, "CH-0731, you are scheduled for a 'checkup', please wait in the cafeteria".

Helen silently nodded a farewell to me while approaching and waiting before the doors, expecting him to enter I waited where I stood, but was shoved forward by the armed man behind me, though complied with continuing after the lady who did not care for patience.

Before we can round the corner the pager on both guards' belts crackled and beeped, while the radios static blared, "CONTAINMENT BREACH SECTOR 8, CONTAINMENT BREACH SECTOR 8, REQUIRE MINOR AND MAJOR ON FLOOR 0, SECTOR 8".

The voice was steady, relaxed in comparison to his words, I would think that a breach in this kind of facility would be hella worrying.

The lady clicked her tunge, scribbling furiously on the paper before turning her attention to me, a bitter look on her face, "we must take a detour, remain on your best behavior".

Further down the hall we passed a glass like panel, stretching corner to corner before another corridor, it prevented access, but allowed a good look of the blood-soaked tile and the numerous bodies lining the walls. The breach area, my best assumption, I don't know who or what got out, but it did a number on those guards, there white uniforms stained and torn.

Its unfortunate but expected of them.

The hall we turned down is lined with an abundance or doors, small blade signs hung above the more important doors, the ancient Latin letter glowing a bright green, the first being a 'nurses office', the more interesting labeled as an 'archive'.

I felt a flutter in my gut, a smirk pulled my lips, I need to get in there, I need information. I must get in there, but how. My smirk vanished, there is no way I can waltz over, I need a reason, a good one.

'I suppose ill have to sit tight for now, an opportunity will come'

The rest of the walk was quiet, not a single patient or personnel where wondering the hall, the lack of life brought a chill in its place, its eerie, lonely, colourless. I do not like it, I thought I had gotten use to the feeling, but it appears otherwise.

My chest began to tighten, my nose stuffy and hard to breath through, the sudden feeling of claustrophobia.

"Patient PN-0242, please enter the room" The ladies words scattered throughout my subconscious, my vision steadying itself, I stood before an open door, the lady held an impatient gaze, "PN-024-"

"I heard you"

The door closed as I entered, my shoes sinking comfortably into the carpeted floors, small, barred windows lined high across the warm hazel walls, and there in the middle of the room, sitting in the chairs set in a circle, where a lot of unfamiliar faces.

"Everyone, we have a new face joining us today"

Fucking introductions.