Ch35

I have no time to enjoy my breakfast.

Dr. M himself came to escort me to my physical appointment, looking awfully worn and tired. He looked over my group disapprovingly, he began to lecture me, only to shut his mouth before a word was said.

I gave him a knowing glare, thankfully at least some of my words throughout this week has gotten across to him.

I am no longer a child that need your protection.

The doctor looks at his feet grimply, he sucked in a breath and met my eyes, "I didn't come guarded this time...", he stated it as though it was an act of courtesy, an I trust you sort of deal, "please don't make this any harder for me then it already is."

I click my tongue at him, grinning at those sitting at my table, who also held amusement, "You heard the man, don't cause any trouble while I am gone."

Clockwork leans leans over the table with a sparkling eye, her croaky laugh drowning out the others, "You ask so much from us!"

Jane snorts, "Only one person here who needs to hear your lecture, I wont say any names-, Jeff."

"You talking to me, bitch!", Jeff slams a fist on the table, the metalrattles with the force, his voice full of malaise and hostility.

"Of course not, I was talking to that piece of trash I failed to throw into the garbage can, not like there is much of a difference", Jane stood to her feet, anticipating what will come next.

The group at the table subtle shift away, preparing for the moment one of the two lunges at the other, you know its going to happen, ts just a matter of when.

I place a hand over Helens shoulder, gently patting him with fake comfort, "Good luck Helen, with this group of killers, your going to need it."

Angel and Nathan laugh, nudging the sulking man between them.

"Y/N)!", the doctor raise his voice desperately to get my attention, his shoulders slump as my smile falls when I look at him.

"I'm fucking coming, jeez", I grit my teeth as I push my way past him, heading for the double doors as Dr. M catches my pace.

He glances over me numerous times, leaving our walk in choses silence.

"This door here (y/n), the physician will be right with you, hang tight alright?", he gave me a shaky smile, crinkling the bags under his tired eyes, "I'll return as soon as I can, I'll only be a moment, so... please don't do anything".

He didn't wait for my answer, his form looking small as he shut the door behind me. I can hear a subtle click of the lock, securely blocking any attempts at exiting.

The stress leaves me all at once, my shaky breath steadily falling from my lips. Being around the doctor has become suffocating, he may be meek, but he is no fool, I would not be surprised if he has already speculated my intentions, in a way I would be disappointed in him if he hasn't.

It's not like I can drop out of our current relationship, as annoying as he is, it's because of him I am able to walk around this facility so freely, the unused restraints drilled into the arms of the medical bed confirm this.

I seat myself on the mattress, taking a closer look the leather strappings are well worn, heavy, really heavy, the material chaffed away from rubbing, and stained with a dark dry red.

A shudder runs up my spine, the through of that nurse who shoved his fingers in my mouth buzzed in my mind for a moment, he may be dead now, but he can't be the only one in this place who neglect personal space.