Ch49

It seems the Proxies aren't the only ones who had decided to grace us with their presence, many familiar faces had joined the fray.

Though we are still outnumbered with the addition of fellow CP's the fight begins to show us favour.

It is a spectacle, a sight that garnishes these individuals with more respect from me then they rationally deserve.

I stand, dusting myself, my hands shake from the adrenaline pumping through my veins, staring wide eyed at the carnage that unfolds in a loud and chaotic bloodbath.

"Where are you going?"

Alex questions as I take my first step around the corner, the confusion and uncertainty swirls around his baby blues with a foggy overlay, his body shaking with the fear of being left behind.

I give him a twitchy, uncertain grin, "Can't let myself get left behind, right? These guys won't get far without me."

"You think us so helpless?"

My eyes widen as I swivel around to face the field, my nose nearly colliding with Hoody's chin as he leans just above my shoulder. He stinks of blood and sweat, his signature yellow pullover dabbled in dirt and stain, his posture hunched and tired. I blink up at him as he growls, his gaze searing daggers into the terrified man who huddles on the grown, sheathing back at the gaze looking up at him that holds a mixture of surprise, remorse, and dread.

The short interaction didn't move forward, ending with Hoody patting down his pocket and offering me a hunting knife by the handle.

"Go to the others, Masky and Skully are removing those who cannot fight, and Toby ran off when he saw Clockwork", he places both hands on either of my shoulders and pushed me to the side, stalking forward until he stood before Alex who swiftly puts up both his hands to surrender himself. Hoody took a hold of Alex by the front of his shirt, lifting the man to his feet without a shred of effort, Hoody stared at the man who struggles in his grasp, staring a little too long as though contemplating speaking his mind, but relents by releasing Alex whit a harsh shove, ignoring the surprised cry that left the man as he stumbles back.

Hoody points to me, "Go help the others, I'll take care of this useless bastard."

"Good to see you as well Hoody. Yes, I have been well thank you for asking", I scoff, turning away with a wrinkled nose.

"... You did good", Hoody mumbles, not looking my way, "I hope you don't end up regretting that promise you made with the Boss."

"Ya, me too", I smile at him, eyes drooping just slightly with the reminder.

With those parting words I rush into the fray, stomping through the mud as I train my sights around the vicinity. Now armed with a fine yet messy knife my eyes swivel back and forth across the field.

Jeff, who was the first to rush out and found himself to be the first one to be targeted is assisted by his brother. Liu likely doing so to spite the killer, taking the opportunity in sharing the spotlight Jeff oh so enjoyed keeping for himself. It was obviously not going to be a heart felt reunion, however it did not erupt into a fist fight either, the two simply shared a look, a silent tight-lipped glare before shifting their attention to the enemy, covering each others back in a quiet agreement.

Angel and Helen had the assistance of Pup who materialized at the last minute before they could be over run, there initial injuries hindering their progress in dispatching those who stand before them. Pup made easy work, however it would appear he is becoming winded from the exhausting escape, his movement becoming jittery and messy as though he is having difficulty controlling his fingers that steer his threads.