Ch9

Regardless of how I got here I managed to get myself into the nurse's office, a young nurse dabbed away the blood from my nose, I sat atop a leather chair, cuff links lined the arms but thankfully dangled unused on me.

"There you are, for now that's as good as it'll get. Don't go provoking dangerous serial killers in the future, Dr. Morales is already worried about you, please don't make it worse"

I nodded, I honestly was not trying to provoke anyone, but it worked out I suppose, all I need is an excuse to get into the hallway.

The nurse returned his kit to the cupboard, flipping through the papers that sat on the counter, "ah, you have not yet had a psychiatric evaluation. What is Dr. Morales thinking, he can't skip over a mandatory practice even if he knows you personally. Don't move (Y/N), I'll be gone for only a moment."

He left the room, his hand full of documents, once the door shut behind him I jumped from the chair, retrieving my mask from the counter, and began pulling open drawer one after the other, the only interesting thing I found where some porn magazines hidden under a bottle of lotion. It's amazing what people think they can have laying around unnoticed.

While looking through the cupboards the sleeve of my uniform caught some papers, they fluttered to the ground in a large heap, exposing a black key card.

I flung my hands into the air victoriously, a smirk on my face, I scoop the card and approached the door, placing my ear to the cold steel I listened for any footsteps that could be approaching from either end of the hall. The corridor was quiet.

I slid the door open, the nurse didn't feel the need to lock it behind himself, as suspected, not a soul in sight. A security camera on the far wall sat angled down, no blinking of the light and inactive.

The archive room is seven paces across the way, I looked once more up and down the hall before shuffling myself out the door, I feel like James Bond right now, creeping around a secret facility, I started humming the theme song as I shuffle along the far wall, swiping the key card along the stainless-steel slot, scuttled into the room and shut the door behind myself.

"Dun dun dun~... holly shit"

File cabinets line one another in a never-ending trove, the ceiling is high, misplaced papers lined the floors in stacks, this room is like a library, quiet yet overwhelming with the amount of information.

I stood for a moment, unsure where to begin my search. I took a deep breath, walking to a random cabinet and gripped the handle.

"Alright luck, do your thing"

I tugged the doors open, loose papers fell to the ground, file folders lined the interior alphabetically, CO-A to CO-Z, all files stuffed full of half hazardous placed information. I started down the line, flipping through each individual paper carefully with my fingers.

I expected most of the information to be about the patients, the building, or the organization itself, instead each paper was information on objects, some info so crazy and far fetched the writer would have their psyche examined if read by an outside source.

From haunted dolls to possessed vehicles, even a Jack in the box was not free from being caged away from the world. I however was more interested in the list of haunted game cartridges, some of these titles bring back memories.

I stopped in the middle of reading a sentience.
Electro magnetic manipulation.

'The Legend of Zelda' cartridge possessed by the vengeful spirit of a twelve-year-old boy in the late 1990's.
Alias, BEN Drowned.
CO no. 05630
-extremely manipulative
-electro magnetic manipulation, keep away from digital devices.
-Purification (Failed)
-Isolation (Successful)

The list goes on, a lot of personal information about this BEN is here, from his identity to his story, I do wonder how they managed to acquire such information.

This boy may be helpful, more then half the institution security runs on an electrical system, if I can get this guy on my side my work will be halved.

I flipped through more papers, all these objects are contained in sector 17, I am unsure how I'm going to be able to crawl around this place without a map.

I can't think about that here, I've wasted enough time, I may not have got what I was looking for but it's something.

I crept back through the hall and into the first aid room, I replace the card key under the stack of papers, removed my mask from my face, and sat myself back into the leather chair. The nurse returned not three minutes later, holding a clip board and a look of a mix of concentration and irritation.

Followed behind the nurse with his head down was Dr. M, he held concern in his eyes, a guilty frown, he raced over to my side when he saw me.

"Dear lord (Y/N), you haven't been here for more then a day and your already hurt", he gently ran his thumb across the bandage on my forehead, cupping my face as he inspected my nose.

The nurse cleared his thought, glaring at Dr. M who gave him little attention, "Doctor, need I remind you we are not allowed to favour are patients, (y/n) we will be refining the notes we already have, thanks to Dr. M we were given permission by your therapist to obtain your file, though it is outdated and small due to your lack of attendance."

Now it was my turn to glare at the Doctor, how could you give them my file? What the hell!
He averted his gaze, looking off to the side to avoid my glare.

"I'll be asking you some questions, answer them the best you can, Dr. M, please leave the room."

"What?" His voice full of surprise, his eyes wide, he took a hold of my hand, I allowed him to grip it protectively.

"You can't stay Doctor, your presence may alter what the patent wishes to say due to your closeness", the nurse ushered him out the door, shutting and locking it behind him, he retrieved my mask from the counter, handing the melted white plastic to me, "now then Smudgy, please answer truthfully."

My posture straightened, my breath caught, a smile formed in my lips, this man does not want to talk to (Y/N), he wants to talk to Smudgy.

I obliged, placing the mask upon my face, the serene feeling of being untouchable flooded me, I looked the nurse in the eye.

"What would you like to know?"