Ch1

The vehicle wobbled and jumped oddly on the dirt road, I had not noticed the change onto the byway, realization only came after the echo of my head colliding with the roof filled the cargo bed.

The potholes did not seem to affect the men around me, having taken the side road many times before, they swayed along with the ride nonchalantly until the engine died.

Seems we have reached are destination.

A sudden unease flipped in my stomach, I cannot tell if its adrenaline or a premonition, but I suddenly wanted to pass out and skip through the tutorial.

The five-armed guards didn't stir for a the moments after we parked, sitting still on the steel bench, I kept my ears sharp, my eyes scanning each individual from top to bottom, they are waiting for something, quietly, patiently.

A loud knock echoed around the confined scape, the back hatch swing open, revealing two burly men in a plain white uniform, and a doctor.

My doctor.

Dr. Morales.

I stifled a gasp, it's been years, the last I saw of him was after my mother's death.

He still had that stupidly kind smile on his face, short dark brown locks faded to gray neatly over his scalp, plain oval glasses covered his wrinkled gray eyes, his white coat drooped below his knees with wear, a thick clip board grasp protectively in his bony hands

The years have been good to him.

I am relieved to see someone from my past that had not gone down the shitter, especially Dr. M, he's kept contact with me after all these years, but I always denied a visit from him, I almost forgot what he looked like.

He smiled at me, that horribly honest smile "Good evening, I do hope your travel was well, welcome to Willow Waters Psychiatric Institution, I am Dr. Ian Morales, could you please tell me yours?"

Just got here and I am already being evaluated, I don't think he actually expects me to answer him, most who are in this situation probably don't.

The doctor waited patiently, swirling his pen around on the clipboard, fiddling with his papers, taking glances at my appearance before returning to his notes.

"It's (Y/... Smudgy" I caught myself, it will be better not to reveal are relationship in front of all the personal, I said nothing else, no longer looking him in the eyes, I felt almost guilty about lying to this man who had acted as my father figure for so long.

He smiled at me, so gentle and understanding, it is a wonder how such a soul could end up working with homicidal beings.

He nodded, glancing to the man sitting across from me, the guard retreated a key ring and began to unlock the chains, unwrapping them from my body, his coworkers had their fingers on the triggers of the assault rifles, waiting for me to attempt anything hostile against them.

Once the chains dropped to my feet I was hoisted up by both arms, there grips like iron on my wrists, dragging me from the back of the armored box and onto the gravely premise.

My eyes widen in agitation, the institution stands not three yards from my feet, to say its massive is an understatement, it stands four stories strong, so wide I'm unable to see where the walls end, its powerful barriers hold no colour, but the textures engraved into its stone gives it an untouchable aura, forbidden, something to be respected.

My amazed daze broke when I was shoved, the doctor jolted forward to catch me if I where to fall, "careful now, there is no need for that, be gentle with are patients".

His voice was scolding, stern, just as I remembered it. He hoisted me up, dusting off my shoulders, he looked me in the eyes with no hesitation, "Come now Smudgy, I need to evaluate you, please do not worry it is nothing to fear, it will just be a few questions and then ill introduce you to your room".

he spun on his heels, a jump in his step as he began for the building, his two accompanying bodyguards herded me along with him.

I glanced over my shoulder, taking in the last glimpse of scenery I will have in a while before the heavy steel enforced doors shut and lock tightly behind us.

The chains around my wrists and ankles clanged loudly with each step down the pale plain hall, I may not know what I'm in for, but let's get it started.