Ch21

I jolted off the pillow, the panic of the expected fall vanished instantly when my eyes met the clean white ceiling.

The sunlight flickered dimly through the barred window and illuminated off the pail walls, it is apparent I had slept longer than the duration of my time in dream land and my back still burned intensely, but my head no longer hurt and my weariness has subsided.

I actually feel great, not just physically but emotionally, an even levelness to my sensibility.

I lay back, taking a deep breath and relaxing into the bed, Zalgo said he could contact me easier now that he and I are connected, but he never stated how or when, the concept itself is confusing considering it is some demon shit and I worry he may do more harm then good.

The mark between my shoulder blades throbbed, an almost reassured feeling spread through my nerves. Perhaps I am being bias considering I hardly know the guy, even if he himself can't assist me he is able to recite current events to The Slenderman in real time.

'Just give him a chance'.

It is like a little voice in the back of my head, whispering reassuring words, it is strangely pleasant to hear for a change, I relaxed, closing my eyes, and surrendering to the voice.

When I re opened them, the nurse stood by the bedside, reading the label on an orange bottle. His sudden appearance startles me, I had not heard him enter, the cuffs rattled against my wrists when I tried to sit up, preventing me from preforming any movements using my limbs.

The nurse eyed me, his gaze lined with mine, he seemed more hesitant than he had been previously, hesitation in his words and demeanor, He faked a blank face, clearing his throat to distract himself, "You must take this medication periodically, if you refuse to do so willingly it will be shoved down your throat."

I frowned, sending a dark glare his way, this asshole has been anything but accommodating to me and it is getting old really quick.

I do comply to his demand, allowing the man to slip the white tablet past my lips, I don't however allow myself to swallow the object, pushing the pill to the top of my mouth with my toung and sliding it between my cheek and molars.

"Open your mouth", He took a hold of my cheeks, forcing my mouth open, he peered around, inspecting the inside from top to bottom, I suppressed the urge to bite down as he shoves his thumb into my mouth to move my toung out of the way, "... Good, ill inform the doctor of your discharge, he has been nothing but persistent while you slept."

He removes the shackles from my wrists and ankles, frowning while looking me over, trying to find something on my face, he shook his head while beginning to tidy the room, "Did anything happen while you where alone?"

I hummed at him, shrugging my shoulders, "Who knows"

He clicked his toung, his expression straining, "you may leave, go to the cafeteria for breakfast or something."

I hoped off the bed, smirking as I snatched my mask from the desk and left him to his day, I spat the tablet onto the floor as I rounded the corner, the white pill bounced and rolled somewhere out of sight.

I walked awkwardly down the hall, the odd sting in my spine held my muscles stiff, I felt sensitive, not in such a way that I would break down and cry, it is hard to describe. Overly aware of my surroundings, hypersensitive to the numerous eyes of the faculty watching my every step, its quiet overwhelming.

I chuckle, thinking back this mission is turning out a lot more complicated than I had considered it being, my luck is throwing itself around willy-nilly with no real direction or cause, glad to see It is still doing it's job for me.

Rounding the corner to the cafeteria, the gauds standing on either side let me enter, there intense glare piercing behind the vizard face shield, they seemed suspicious of me, more so then normal, perhaps its because I lack supervision?

The doors barley got a chance to lock when a pair of hands wrapped themselves around my arm. Nina stood close to me, a large smile on her scarred face, the touchy act is not appreciated but my attempts to shake myself free fail.

"Wow, haven't seen you in like, a day and your aura completely changes, who did you kill this morning~?" she pressed her cheek against my mask, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling my body closer so we stand level, I am unsure what she had been doing before I arrived, but her body is sweaty and damp.

I shove her away, wiping my uniform with a grimace, I do not remember having a good first encounter with this girl and I honestly don't like clingy people, most impotently I'm not stupid enough to hang around a serial killer fanatic who acts like a yandere. That's a hard no.

I intended to walk away but she took a hold of my hand with the grip of an orangutan, "where are you going? The table Jeff is at is over there!"

She ignored my loud groaning as she sat me at a table in the back, Jeff lazily lay his head upon his hand, yawning without a hint of decency but quickly straightened himself when I sat down.

"Pansy! it's been a while, I hope... you..." his sentence slowed to a stop, his face contorting as he looked me over, "Something's... different, you don't smell the same"

I role my eyes, "What, my new shampoo finally throwing you off? Not enough flowery perfume shooters? I had a weird night ok, please don't crawl up my ass about it."

"Jesus, I didn't mean it literally. Your just different somehow, like you changed skins, or were forced to watch every season of housewives, don't have to be such a bitch"

Jeff shoveled a pink puck past his muzzle and into his mouth, the chewed crumbs fell out the slits in his cheeks and gathered on the tabletop, Nina swooned beside me at the gross display, her eyes not leaving Jeff once as he inhaled a second puck before the first one had been swallowed, the display had ruined my apatite.

Thankfully Jane walked through the doors and claimed a far table, followed soon by Helen and the rest of the makeshift group, I stood to join them when Jeff's hand is placed on my shoulder from across the table.

I am about to protest but Jeff had a serious look in his eyes, strangely devoid of his insanity, at this moment he looked so normal it almost scared me more then his usual self.

"Listen here and listen good, cause I am not saying this again. I know you are planning something, I am all for it, and if you need an extra blade in the bunch count me in" his lip twitched upward awkwardly, his collected demeanor vanished and he continued back scarfing down the hard food.

Nina clapped her hands, giggling with her fingers over her mouth, she nodded, agreeing with Jeff's statement, "Oh, Jeff~. Has anyone told you how hot you are covered in crumbs~"

I took that as a sign for me to leave the two alone, Jeff sent a pleading glance for me to stay but I pretended not to notice and went to join Helen for breakfast.

I only hope the rest of today is not so hectic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was hard to write, I knew what I wanted to say but not how to say it and I just kept putting it off because of it.

The heat of summer is sapping my motivation, I am sorry this chapter took longer then I thought. 

I also thank you for 78 followers, I am already getting a vote ready for after my current books are finished so I can jump right into the next one.

Happy fathers day everyone, have a good night.