Ch17

The doctor has a firm grip on my wrist, tugging me along the bright white passage while maintaining a concentrated look. The abruptness of his actions had caught me off guard, giving me no time to think about the scenario I'm being dragged into.

The few coworkers of his we passed in the hall all wore a complex expression, knowing a patient such as myself should not be waltzing around without shackles and armed keepers. Dr. Morales paid them no mind, in fact his pace quickened, the close proximity of are strides almost tripping me on his heels more then once.

Though confused I am also exited, I had yet to be down this corridor, it more then likely leads out of human containment. The Doctor could never suspect me of scheming, my heart hurts momentarily in thinking of what may become of him shall all the psychos break out.

But like I stated, it was only momentarily.

Dr. Morales scanned his lanyard against the sensor on the wall, the heavy metal door pulled itself apart, opening are way into a much darker hallway.

He slowed his pace, glancing over his shoulder but not meeting my eyes, "I'm going to show you"

My brow furrowed, he is probably breaking a good number of safety precautions for this, he may get reprimanded, fired even. He's been stepping on my toes since I got here but he is a man with good intentions.

"The difference... I want you to see it" his pace pick up once again, less rushed than before.

I said nothing, knitting my brow, lost in speculation as the doctor walked on in a steady stride, his grip on my wrist loosening before his hand fell to his side, leaving me to follow at my own will.

The deeper I followed down the hall the more uneasy I began to feel, there is something unnatural about this area, the air is heavy, stifling even.

The dark hall is empty, the lights drastically dimmer then in human containment, the silence drowned by are footsteps. This area makes me anxious, like a haunted house, expecting the faintest of scenarios to occur.

Dr. Morales noticed my sudden stiffness, sending me a comforting smile, "This is sector 12, we keep inhuman patients in this area. We are looking into ways to cure them, but its a slow proses as you would expect. You need not worry, they are kept within custom made cells."

I trotted up to his side, looking the way we had come, "Why is this area so empty?"

No nurse nor guard is present in the vicinity, its dead, naked, an endless dark, dank, walk.

"Most patients here are sensitive, to many bodies in the halls may upset them. loud noises, bright lights, smell, anything can set these patients off. Of course, I try to keep them comfortable but there is only so much I can do."

We turn a corner, stopping before a thick glass hollow imbedded in the side wall, the room is so dark I almost didn't see a figure stand and approach the glass.

The lady behind the glass glares at the Doctor, her eyes glow a soft red, she placed a rotting hand against the glass, smearing a dark streak of decay with her fingers.

"This is Ann, she is an undead of sorts, please excuse her for her attire, we are unable to provide these patients with are clothing due to... unwillingness. She is not fond of doctors I'm afraid" He looked at her regretfully, a sigh escaping him before he moved on.

Ann and I connected are eyes, I nodded to her before following again, her eyes lingered on the back of my head until I no longer remained in her line of sight.

We passed plenty of other glass cases, some individuals more monstrous then the last, while other looked so human I had to do a double take.

Some time while walking I felt as though all eyes where focused solely on my being, interest perhaps, I can not say, but it increased the unsettling atmosphere exponentially.

I still am lost as to what point the Doctor is trying to make, when we passed specific cells he would draw my attention to it, introducing the patient, some fast facts, and then move on deeper into Entity containment.

"This is Jason, he is a toy maker"

"This is Candy pop"

"I am unsure what this fellows name is, but he is not very nice"

I stood absentminded beside Dr. Morales, idly staring through the glass at a humanoid entity hanging from the ceiling, his black and white mask stared back at me with a comical smile, his monochrome striped scarf hung around his neck, a good few feet from the concrete flooring.

"He has an odd laugh too, a strange fellow who's pranks get a little out of hand"

I groan in annoyance, I could care less about who these creatures are, by now I have become conditioned to this TomFuckery, I may as well jump into bed and snuggle with the boogie man. god I need some sleep, where is Helen when I need him.

I seemed to have been vacant for to long as a finger snapped before my face, shocking me from my thoughts, I turned to the doctor, giving him the stink eye.

"I asked you if you understand. The reason I brought you here that is" he held a face of concern, worry, fiddling his fingers around.

I sighed, my shoulders slumping in exhaustion, "Ya ya, sure. Can I go to bed now?"

His hopeful grin fell before my lie, his gaze becoming downcast, "... One more"

"Pardon?"

He refixed his gaze, a hint of stubbornness that broke my dreams on a blanket and pillow.

"I have one more entity I want you to meet"

We halted before the end of the intersecting halls, standing in front of another glass case, another humanoid character stood before me, the black holes in his royal blue mask concentrated on eye contact, his clothing black from head to toe.

"(Y/N), meet Eyeless Jack, he is- was a cannibal we secured around Madison, Wisconsin"

The two of us just looked at one another judgingly, unwilling to be the first to break the contact.

The doctor cleared his throat, shuffling awkwardly in the silence, "Ill... be right back"

He swiftly disappeared further down the hall and around the corner, leaving Jack and I to ourselves.

"You smell of him"

I blinked once, "like who?"

Jack took a step closer to the glass, bumping his body into the frame, he placed his forehead against the surface next to a breathing hole and inhaled softly, "of him"

Ah, him. Why does no one have the balls to say who they are truly referring too.

"I see, it would make sense if I do" I nodded in understanding, glancing down the hall where the doctor had vanished.

"... Not much longer I hope, I wish to feel the sun on my skin again" jack slumped against the glass, placing his full weight on the surface.

They want out.

They want to be free.

They all look so sad.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for the support and patients this month, I appreciate all the love.

Ill start posting steadily again.