Dr. David Morales Journal entries-

Entry 1)

The stay started out like any other day, as you can imagen this job involves plenty of paperwork, meetings, and greeting the poor broken souls that are escorted into this place far to harshly for my liking. you can images my horror when (y/n) revealed themselves to me, I nearly had a heart attack.

They where a kind child, I lost touch when they moved out, I was so proud when they bought their own place, began living there new chapter in there life, I nearly cried as I watched the small child grow into a fine adult, how did they end up in a place like this. I had no choice but to pair them with a more docile convictions, he is a quiet, reserved character, I am sure (y/n) can handle him.

It hasn't been a day and (y/n) got into a fight, with one of the more renown murderer non the less. I am worried, (y/n) was always a bright child, accomplishing many could only dream of in one life time, yet to willingly pick a fight with a man so fearsome, I just can't understand, something is wrong.

Entry 2)

I made an appointment with a college for a psychological analysis, I had my doubts of him being a license's practitioner, but his conclusion was far over the top, sure there was a rumors that (y/n) had ended someone's life, but I don't believe it for a second, I know (y/n), I raised them, they're far to kind and confident for such an act, I've said it before and I will say it again, (y/n) does not belong in this sort of place.

Entry 5)

Things have quieted down some, the patients are not as rowdy as per usual, the staff death toll has greatly dropped, things are looking well.

I made plans to discus personal matters with (y/n), they looked put off and confused about the notion, but it needed to be done, I had been holding onto the note for far too long, perhaps I thought it would help (y/n) slightly with dealing with the trauma, I prepared the birthday gift I kept on me for months, hoping it could ease the tension I knew the conversation would create.

(Y/n) said they already new about the note, as I suspect they still blame themselves for their mothers death, at first I thought the gift worked in removing the tension, now that I have a moment to think about it that was not the case, their expression was forced, pained almost, how foolish I was, I need to be carful in the future, (y/n) is more fragile then I remember.

Entry 8)

I am becoming desperate.

I noticed a new look in (y/n) eyes, their face shifts into sympathy for those in here, an understanding, it's worrying, not only did they get into another fight with Mr. Woods and placed in solitary they also injured their own hand, I had the staff pick up the pieces, instructing them to refrain from replacing the mirror in the bathroom.

I had a thought at the time, to show them why there is no need for sympathy, I stretched my authority to take them through entity containment, introducing many of the people, the monsters, I intentionally allowed them to interact alone with an entity known as Eyeless Jack, one of the few cannibals contained here, unfortunately the interaction did not have the effect I had hoped, if anything I believe it made it worse, the look of conviction they held hurts my heart. Thankfully I managed to get a glimpse of their old self after giving a sneak peak of item containment, there interest brought a sparkle that is nostalgic to me, releasing my worry, only slightly.

Entry 15)

I invited (y/n) to my office, I intended to keep my eye on them for the night, I felt uneasy leaving them alone for a reason I can not describe, I made the mistake of falling asleep while doing paperwork, I suppose the late nights caught up with me, at the worse of times.

I awoke from (y/n) returning from somewhere, whispering to themselves, that would have been the best outcome, I heard a voice whisper back from the watch I had gifted. I tried to retrieve the accessory, but failed after (y/n) awoke and caught me mid act, I can tell I lost some trust with that action, but I begin to feel the same, a staff member was found dead this morning, I don't want to consider the possibility. I know (y/n) is up to something, but I can't bring myself to confront and confirm.

I greatly regret giving them that blasted watch.

Entry 20)

The physical exam was horrendous, when Heather retrieved me in a panic I was met with a completely distorted room, I had heard their watch had been confiscated when it was found on their roommate, I had figured perhaps the room was distorted when they where looking for it, that was my last concern however, (y/n) had been branded by a being I am unfamiliar with, this is the worse possible outcome for them, I had hoped with me holding (y/n) hand throughout their stay here I could get them to revert to the smiling child I use to know, now that is near impossible, a brand is a one sided contract, a mark of ownership that burns from body to soul, it is not so easily erased.

I hope I can wake up from this nightmare soon, early retirement is sounded like wonderland.

Entry 27)

Everything is for the worse, Heather roomed (y/n)
With Jeffery Woods against my wishes, I found out far to late. After the higher ups ordered more sacrifices then we could provide my work has increased thanks to the overseers decision on using the 'lesser' staff, I've had no time to connect with (y/n) this week, and now I have to face the consequences for that.

I'm going crazy. Whatever (y/n) had planned is falling into place, they are far to gone for me to help anymore, when the time comes, I hope I can do the right thing.

If not, then it is well deserved.