Ch41

Needless to say, Jane and I where not impressed with the created mess.

It is a tense moment that nearly ended with Jane's fist in Jeff's face.

It was not easy to hold Jane back as she threatened Jeff viciously with the screwdriver she wrenched from his hands. Though the man is curled up on the floor next to the wall while defensively protecting his head, he laughed hysterically, proud of the reaction his stunt had pulled from the girl. The consequence of his temporary glee didn't cross his smooth mind in the slightest.

Clockwork on the other hand had an amused lopsided grin, her lightly freckled face pulled up, the clock in her eye revealing its face fully with how wide her eyelids folded. Impressed with the lunatic's boldness.

My blood boils. I am unable to comprehend the disproportioned line of this man's stupidity and brilliance.

For the moment, besides Janes gabbled swearing, the halls are quiet. No incoming patter of feet or stress inducing alarms.

The tension didn't make me feel any better.

"Enough!", I shove Jane back, scowling, "this is not the time for this shit. You will have plenty opportunities to kick his ass outside."

Jane scoffs, seemingly understanding and agreeing to my words. Lowering her offensive shoulders neutrally with a huff.

Jeff slowly ascended the wall, his smile tight. He played both pointer fingers into the far slits of his mouth and stuck out his tongue to provoke the girls into continuing the shit fit.

It almost worked, but a quick smack upside Jeff's head, courtesy of me, was enough to satisfy the victim of Jeff's action.

I shove a finger into Jeff's face, giving him a stern eye, 'enough, is enough.'

His shoulders slump, avoiding my eyes as I observe for a few extra moments before turning back to the girls.

"We are going to split up. I'll go with Jane to find a way to distract the guards into one area, Jeff, you and Clockwork can take the screwdriver and remove as many doors as you can."

Jeff gave me the stink eyes, "don't tell me what to do-"

I angle my head to look over the man, gritted teeth bared and tight, "I'm not telling, I'm suggesting. I'm sure if you pair up with either Jane or I, you will be kicked in the dick sooner or later."

He puts his hands up submissively, crossing his arms and turning his head in feigned indifference.

I pull the tool from Jane's clenched fist, offering it to Jeff as he climbed to his feet.

"Besides, the workers here are basically free game at this point, just remember to release some wackos between mutilations."

He stares idly for a few before that heinous smile of his tightens, "been waiting to hear that since I've arrived~", he spins to face the hall, twirling the screwdriver in his grasp, "let's have some fun clock face, if you can keep up with the pros."

The girl smiles, her stitches threatening to pop under the intense strain, the pupil of her single eye displaying in such a way it gives goosebumps.

She sucks in a breath with a giddy wine, fueled by the single thought of the potential act.

"I've heard a lot about you Jeffrey~, in this lifestyle that's not a good thing~."

"Your just jealous that you're a nobody."

He only got a breathy giggle in response.

"Ok, I think we've wasted enough time with dumb chatter", I intervene, "Jane and I will find a way to create a mass distraction, try to keep the guards away long enough for you two to get at least a handful of CPs on our side."

I had to raise my hand for silence as Jeff threatened to open his mouth in defiance once more before wordlessly parting through separate halls.