Ch5

I awoke early to the darkness of the accommodation, the colourless room blended together through the blurriness of my eyes, I took a moment to allow the events of yesterday to register.

Breathing a long, deep sigh, my hands rubbed at my face, wiping away the crust from under my eyes.

I feel like shit and slept like it too.

There was to much on my mind last night for me to fall into a peaceful slumber, despite to comfortable presence Helen provided.

Helen.

I glanced over to the figure sitting on the side of Helens bed, there face facing away from me and staring at the wall.

"Helen?"

My groggy voice tore through the silence, scratching at the back of my throat, Helen's figure winced, stiffly he turned to give me his attention, a pensive look on his face.

"...I had a dream" He spoke just above a whisper, his words melancholy, "It's because I met you again after all these years".

He tugged at the sheets, pulling at the white, thin fabric subconsciously while he spoke, "I remember being... jealous, I think. You had a lot, good grades, friends... But you never looked happy, why is that?"

I remained where I lay, a nostalgic bitter taste accumulated in my mouth, I felt as though I should not interrupt him, even if it brought back a small amount of sorrow.

"There was a time when someone took my shoes before the start of classes, ripped them off my feet while I was held down, I had to walk around for hours in socks, listening to my classmate's snicker at me, but at the beginning of lunch I found a new pair of sneakers in my locker, they where worn out, and used, however obviously taken care of", He stood, walking around the foot of his bed and sat on the end of mine, his lip twitched up for a moment before becoming neutral once more, "It was you was it not, the one who gave me the shoes".

"At the time, I had thought someone mistook my locker for theirs, I mean, no one would willingly give anything to a loner like me..." he glanced at the door, the hall light poorly illuminated though the laminated glass with it's stippled pattern, he took a deep breath, his cheeks flushed slightly out of embarrassment, "thanks..."

I smiled at him tiredly, I'm surprised he remembered that, even I had forgotten, it was nothing major anyways, I just gave a kid in socks a pair of old shoes, "How do you know it was me, could have been anyone".

He hummed, standing to his feet, and marching for the bathroom," I heard your friend ask why you didn't have any shoes on, at the time it didn't fully register..."

He did not finish his sentence, shutting the door behind himself.

A grin spread across my face, Helen is so disassociated from emotions I was unsure he had the ability to get flustered, I was worried he would pull away from me, crawl back into his shell and ignore my existence all together, I am thankful that is not that case.

The main door opened just as Helen stepped out of the bathroom, a young nurse entered followed by two armed guards, she looked proper, neatly dressed in a white coat, her blond hair tied back in a ponytail.

"PN-0242 and CH-0731, against the wall if you please"

I looked to Helen in confusion as I followed him to the far wall, the guards approached and began patting around my body, it was an uncomfortable experience, but it didn't last long.

They backed off once they confirmed there was nothing on either of us, removing the cuffs from are bodies and stepping out of the way.

"I understand you are new here PN-0242, let's hope your not as energetic as some of the patience" She clicked her pen twice holding the clipboard closely to her large chest.

"The convention awaits your attendance"

Better Luck Next Time! // Creepypasta x lucky readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara