Seaglass

OC belongs to @IvorySans

Name: Seaglass

Nice! Sea glass is pretty in general.

Age: 22 in human years

Cool, so like ... 7/8 dragonet years?

Gender: Non-binary (they don't mind being referred to as male, though)

Neat.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Nice.

Tribe: SeaWing w/ very distant RainWing lineage

Okay

Appearance: see my storage unit book

(Credit: @IvorySans, from "IvorySans Storage Unit", chapter three "WoF Seaglass - Mine"

(Credit: @IvorySans, from "IvorySans Storage Unit", chapter three "WoF Seaglass - Mine".)

Ooo, very pretty!! Love the gradient on the face.

Personality: Seaglass is serious, responsible, and level-headed. They take their job as a guard very, very seriously. When they're not working they can be found in their room meditating, and has an unusual liking for bad jokes. Seaglass can also be a little defensive about their heritage, but they are respected and trusted throughout the palace.

This is simple, yet pretty good. I don't have much to say, about it, expect maybe add a few things like his fears or weaknesses.

Occupation: Leader of a guard squadron based in the Summer Palace, which is being repaired.

Nice.

Residence: A room in the SeaWing Summer Palace.

Okay.

Relatives:
Mother- Cormorant. Seaglass admires her strength and model themselves after her.
Father- Gharial. Seaglass's relationship with him was always a little strained, but they love each other anyway.
Distant RainWing relative- Toco (male, deceased). Seaglass never knew Toco. He died many, many years before they were born.

I like these names, but unfortunately Gharial is canon now (not at the time this OC was posted tho, lmao). And this isn't a compliant, just a genuine question — is he related to Toco through his mom or his dad?

Friends:
--—Guard Squadron——
Pure (Female, SeaWing)
Salmon (Male, SeaWing)
Niagara (Female, SeaWing)
Aquamarine (Male, SeaWing)
Other friends- Hydrilla (Female, SeaWing)

I also like these names, especially Niagara.

Abilities: Regular SeaWing abilities.

Nice

Backstory: When Seaglass was born, their father, Gharial, wanted them to become a musician, like he was. However, Seaglass had other plans. The first time they saw a guard squadron pass by, they knew that they wanted to become a guard. Gharial disapproved of this, but their mother Cormorant encouraged them to follow their dreams. Seaglass began slipping away in the night to take guard lessons from their friend, Hydrilla, and became slowly more and more skilled. However, soon enough, Gharial caught Seaglass sneaking away and made them explain what they were doing. Gharial told him that he would not be allowed to take these lessons any more.
A couple days later, the Deep Palace was suddenly attacked by a shiver of sharks. When Seaglass heard news of this, he knew he had to help. He swam away to the Deep Palace and helped fight off the sharks. Gharial tried to chase after him but Seaglass knew much about evasive battle techniques from their training and managed to evade him. After the battle was over, when Gharial heard the other dragons talking about Seaglass's bravery and skill, he finally gave in and allowed Seaglass to become a guard.

This seems like a setup to a story, and if it is, it's good. However, if it's not, it needs a few more details, such as what happened after he become guard (like, how did he end up leading his own squadron? How did he learn about his RainWing heritage and does that affect him through his training? Also, I find it cool how his 'parental expectations' are flipped from the usual trope — a soldier family wants their children to become soldiers / guards / etc too, but the child wants to be an artist or musician. Here, an artsy family wants their children to become an artist or musician, while the child wants to become a soldier / guard / etc. It's a neat inversion.

Overall, I give Seaglass a 8/10. Work a bit on his personality and backstory, and you should be good to go.