Gust

OC belongs to @the_idiot_clawmate

Name: Gust

I like this one

Age: 21

Okay

Gender: Male

Cool

Tribe: SkyWing/SandWing

Neat

Sexuality: Bi

Alright

Appearance: Gust has a dark red SandWing shaped head with smokey-colored curly SkyWing horns. He has SkyWing spikes going up his head until it reaches the top, where it becomes a SandWing ruff. Glistening brown eyes so dark their almost black. SandWing built-body. Underbelly the color of sandpaper. Wings are bright yellow with a few gold colored scales on the wing ridge. They also look like SandWing wings but are slightly bigger then most SandWings, so Gust can fly half as fast as a grown SkyWing. Always, and I mean ALWAYS wears a black hooded cloak with a dark gray scarf.

This is good! For hybrids you always have to be detailed about their bodyshape and whatnot, so this is really really good.

Personality: Gust pretends to be a pessimist around most people, but he's really an optimist. He really loves theater, especially musicals. And then there are his extra special favorites, romantic musicals. Basically he's a sucker for romance stories. Gust can be manipulated easily, is slightly addicted to gambling, and is VERY entitled to his opinion. Most of the time he acts charismatic and he trips over his scarf a lot. Gust HATES the color of his wings and thinks they ruin what he tries to go for, so he wears a cloak. Overall very bubbly and dependable.

Possibly add a few more flaws, such as his fears, but other than that this is VERY good!

Occupation: Weaving, taking care of his kids, seeing plays, occasionally tries sculpting and even rarer, gambling. Owns a bread shop in Sanctuary, an aspiring tattoo artist.

Bread shop owner and aspiring tattoo artist are two occupations I thought I would never see together, lmao

Relatives: Dromedary(Mother;Alive), Amur(Father;Deceased), Papyrus(Son;Alive), Phantom(Son;Alive), Prism(Daughter;Alive)

I like these names, pretty unique

Backstory(Takes place after Pyrrhia and Pantala peacefully merge together): Dromedary was a guard for Blazes Fortress 24/7, so Gust barely knew her at all. He spent all his time with Amur at their small shack on the outskirts of the Scorpion Den. Dromedary's pay wasn't enough to feed both of them, so Amur had to try to get a job. But when they both went into the city looking for a job, 1 year old Gust saw all the stalls selling food and tried to take some. Amur realized that he had to keep watch on Gust always, and so he couldn't get a job. He gave all the food they had to Gust and ate next to nothing. Amur eventually died of starvation. Gust blamed himself and hit a depressive state until he was 6. Dromedary had to shorten her shifts and spend time at home with Gust. Dromedary had to secretly steal food to keep both of them fed, but one day Gust saw her do it. He never told her, and he vowed to himself to provide for and protect for his own family in the future. As Gust got older Dromedary was able to leave him alone for longer and longer periods of time, and get more pay for it. As soon as he was 6, Gust got a pat-time job as a cleaner and costume maker for a theater. He saved up enough money to leave the Scorpion Den and start a new life. He became a traveling merchant and camped by Possibility for awhile. There Gust met Peppermint, and they bonded over theater and literature. They dated and eventually married. They moved to Sanctuary and had three dragonets, Papyrus, Phantom, and Prism.

This seems like the setup to a fic, or the backstory of a secondary character. However, it's still pretty good (and I like Peppermints name).

Overall, I give Gust a 9.5/10! I can't think of many criticisms with him other than a few personality nitpicks.