one hundred and eleven

Start from the beginning

"That's not her fault," James spoke up before Cassie could do so. "her genes are awful."

Cassie frowned and looked down at the mom-jeans that she was wearing, the bottom of them cuffed and dusted with sand. When James had seen her that morning he had peppered her face with kisses.

"You told me you liked my jeans. You said they make my ass look good."

Will and Dylan both began to laugh, both at Cassie's comment and and the pout on her face.

"I did, and they do." Cassie raised an eyebrow as she looked up at her boyfriend, "Not those types of jeans love."

"Oh, anyways, stop getting off topic."

Dylan furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak, however Will quickly stood on his foot which shut him up before he said anything.

"It's true, we really did get lost in Peru. I almost got eaten by a giraffe."

"A giraffe?" Will asked with a small smirk on his face, he crossed his arms over his chest and raised his eyebrows.

"Yep."

"The animal that doesn't eat meat, tried to eat you?"

Cassie opened her mouth and then closed it once she noticed her mistake, James and Lily both shook their heads and laughed silently at the girl, who only frowned in response.

"Okay, now I see that our lie may not have been entirely believable, but would you have believed me if I told you that we were all actually at a school for witchcraft in the Highlands of Scotland all year?" Cassie asked, her tone almost taunting as she spoke.

"Because that's where we were."

Lily looked as if she wanted to kill Cassie, while James only nodded his head slowly, hoping that the two boys in front of them would believe that they really had gotten lost in Peru, even if that was the stupidest lie he'd ever heard.

Will and Dylan shared a look and both of them looked as if they were holding in laughs.

"It's true." James said once he realised that the two believed it was a joke, a sense of relief filling his mind. "I'll show you my wand if you want."

Cassie quickly hit James on his arm, furrowing her eyebrows as she turned to look at him.

"You can't go around offering to show people 'your wand' - you sound like a right nonce."

James and Cassie stared at each other for a few moments, before a look of realisation took over his face and he turned back to Will and Dylan, a somewhat sheepish look on his face.

"Okay, you can't see my wand."

"We didn't want to see it anyway."

"Good."

"Good."

The group of five stood in silence for a few moments, Cassie opened her mouth to speak several times, but sharp looks from both James and Lily made her shut it almost instantly.