51

Vic

"cam you need to tell me what she said earlier today" "She feels selfish" "selfish?" Cam nodded "she is far from selfish" "she feels selfish because she thinks this place is what makes you happy and she knows when the baby is born, things will change. My guess she is worried you are going to regret it. I also think she didn't tell you because she is putting you first, so you can enjoy your time before the baby comes" I did exactly that. I didn't even know she was gone and she hasn't had anything to eat. Fuck. "She hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast. Shit" "what?" "I have been too busy celebrating with the men. I just proved her right" "none of us have ate Vic and no she chose to let you celebrate. it's not about proving her right. she is looking out for you like always" "she needs to eat" "she also needs sleep" fucking hell. I need a solution. The blow up bed and I need to order some food. "Alright let's head back down stairs".
"Emil?" "Vic" "is that blow up bed still in the office?" "Yeah is malena asleep?" "Yep but I will be waking her, she needs food and she can't sleep on the couch" "I will go set it up" "thanks".

Ordering some food, when it arrived, I paid the delivery guy then headed upstairs.
How did I get so wrapped up in the men to not realize. I'm a fucking idiot.
Putting the food down, I walked over to Malena gently rubbing her arm. "Malena" "what?" "Come on sit up" "I'm tired" "you need to eat and you can't sleep on the couch" Malena opened her eyes then sat up. "Argh what time is it?" "Late and we need to eat" Malena nodded.
Handing her, her meal, I sat down beside her, none of us saying a word as we ate. Finishing our meals, I grabbed our rubbish and put it in the bin. "hmm I will be back" "where are you going?" "Bathroom" "are you feeling alright?" "Yes I need to go to the toilet" "okay. Come on" "I don't.." "I'm going to say night to the men" malena nodded.

"I will see you guys tomorrow, I'm going to bed" "already?" "Yeah" cam nodded "is she alright?" "Yeah tired" "let her sleep" "she will be". Seeing Malena come out of the bathroom, she walked around everyone not saying a word "grumpy?" "I woke her up so she would eat. Enjoy".

Getting to the office Malena was laying down again "hey" "you don't need to join me Vic" "no I do. I want to" laying down beside her I pulled her close "I'm sorry" "you have nothing to be sorry about. You were having fun with your mates" "don't care. Nothing is more important than you and our baby" pressing my lips on Malenas gently, she kissed me back.

Holding her tight Malena fell asleep in my arms And i couldn't look away. she is beautiful but I hate myself right now. I said I wouldnt make her feel anything less than what she deserves, that I would treat her right. Fuck I don't even know when she went to sleep. Granted, it was good having a work free night just drinking with the guys but I got distracted, Malena and our baby are my main priority.

Waking up to Malena moving I opened my eyes. "Leaving me?" "Toilet" "alright. Are you coming back?" "Yeah I will".
Sitting up, I waited for her. I can only imagine how she is feeling having to put up with the hormones of being pregnant. Her mind will be all over the place and her body is changing.
"Better?" "Heaps. The men are all passed out on the benches" I chuckled "that's their own choice" "too pissed to even make a call I'm sure" "probably. Ready to get out of here?" "Yeah I need a shower and you definitely need one" "didn't know I smelt that bad" "you smell like stale beer" "let's go" Malena grinned "okay".

"Are you alright?" "Yeah I am fine" "hmm want to tell me what you spoke with cam about last night?" "Not really" "well we are" "this baby is going to change everything. I know you are happy being with your mates at the den and when.." "let me stop you right there. Mates or not, they will always be around. Things will change but for the better. Now I don't ever want you thinking, I am going to regret anything because that's the last thing that will happen. You and our baby are what I want and need not that place" "okay".

Hearing malenas phone ring she answered it. "Hey dad" "about five minutes ago" "not as comfortable but yeah" "thanks dad" "no not at all" "for a shower then to eat" "nah definitely a shower first. Vic stinks" I chuckled as Malena grinned "okay I will talk to you later" "alright. Bye".
"You just had to add that in?" "Yep" "unbelievable".

Malena.

"Shower time" "you need to eat" "not yet" "Malena we skipped a meal yesterday" "well if you take your time, we'll miss another" Vic smirked "fine you win. shower first" i internally grinned.
Getting in the shower, I rinsed my body off then washed it before rinsing it again. I guess the best part about having two shower heads is we can both shower at the same time with out having to move. Feeling the pressure increase, I opened my eyes only to see Vic move closer and grab me gently pushing me against the wall trapping me between the wall and him. Looking into his dark eyes, I didn't waste anymore time and connected my lips with his. "Nope" I looked at Vic curiously as he pulled back "need food" I chuckled "okay go get your food" "we both need food" "alright I will get out geez" Vic chuckled "don't want to leave huh?" "No but I will".
Turning the water off, Vic and I got out.
Getting dry and dressed, we both walked to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, Vic closed it. "I'm cooking" "you do all the cooking" "I like to cook" "okay chef, I will let you cook. I'm going to make a phone call" "Serna?" "Yes" "is everything okay?" "Yeah" Vic nodded.

"Malena I didn't hear back from you last night" "sorry I fell asleep. How has your day been?" "Busy but okay. I do miss you though" "I miss you too, a lot" "I know and I'm sorry" "no even if you were closer you'd still be a few hours away" "you up and left me" "I know and I'm sorry but can I ask you something?" "Of course anything" "would you prefer to be called pop, pa, grandpa or other" "Malena please tell me you arent joking?" "No I'm not joking Serna" I could hear sernas happiness through the phone "I'm.. I'm speechless" "what would you prefer?" "Poppy" I grinned "looks like our little one has a pop and a poppy" "I'm so excited right now, my adopted daughter is pregnant. Tell me how far along are you?" "Fourteen weeks" "I'm so happy for you Malena. You are the closest person I have to family" "I know. When are you going to be home next?, I'd love to spend sometime with you" "as soon as I find out, I will tell you but let me come to you. you do not need to be driving" "I can handle it and I miss home" "okay but make sure someone is with you, if anything happens to you or my grandchild, I will be out for blood" "I know. I better let you go so you can do whatever you need to" "okay Malena but just remember, if you need anything tell me and I will do anything I can" "thanks Serna, same to you" "love you daughter of mine" I grinned "love you too, bye" "bye".
"Home?" Looking behind me Vic was standing at the door with a worried look on his face "sernas place" "you are leaving?" "What? I never said I was leaving. only going to visit" seeing Vic's face show relief he then spoke. "When?" "I don't know yet, it all depends on when Serna can go home" Vic nodded "I'd like to be there with you. To see where you spent those eight years and I'd really like to get to know serna" "he would like that too" Vic grinned "come on brunch is ready" "brunch?" "Yep" "okay"

"You had me worried" "I caught that but that's what happens when you listen to only part of the conversation. Speaking of conversations, you should call jasmine" "yeah I will do that now".
Vic put his phone on loud speaker and sat it on the table.
"Hey Vicente" "hey sis how's everything going?" "As expected. I have been flat out learning the ropes in the hospital but I only have two more months left then I can have a break" "that's great news. Speaking of great news, we have some for you" "well tell me" I chuckled "you are going to be an aunty in about twenty six weeks" "what? oh my god, I'm so excited. Malena if he gives you any trouble, tell me and I will sort it" I smirked at Vic as I answered "I will definitely do that" "congrats to both of you I am so happy for you and myself" Vic and I laughed "thanks we are glad to hear that" "thanks jas".