15

Malena.

Good training but there was nothing for fighting. Supposedly Vic is the best fighter. maybe he will train with me but I doubt he will give me a challenge like serna used to.
"Ready?" "Yeah let's get out of here. How did you both go with the knives?" "A lot better" "good".

"I was wondering when you would get back" "I would've been there longer but I need a partner" "for what?" "Kombat" dad nodded "try Jax" "Vic is the best fighter here, well so I have heard" "no you will not be fighting with him" "and why not?" "Because of what happened" "no weapons are involved" dad shook his head "speak to him when he gets back" I grinned "alright".
"Ardo" "it's coming".
"How did you go out there?" "Boss she's deadly" dad looked at drake "deadly?" "Yes but I plan to train with her more. She hit every single moving target dead center while blindfolded and can throw a knife behind her without even looking and still hit the bullseye" "here Malena" "thanks ardo" "you what?" Looking at dad, I spoke "what?" "Did you?" "Well yeah all bar one" "you didn't miss any. it was on the line, it counts" "none?" I shrugged "I have done a lot of training dad, in all areas". Drinking my drink when Vic came in he walked to the other end of the bar getting a drink. Leaving my bag on the floor, I walked around to see him. "Vic" "Malena" "I want to know if you will train with me in Kombat" Vic looked at my dad "I didn't say with my dad, I said with me" Vic smirked "why me?" "Supposedly you are the best And i need a challenge. If you agree, I want a better fight then what you showed the first time we met" "Malena I can't do that" "can't fight better than that?" "No train with you" "why not?" "You are bosses daughter" "that's your excuse?" "I respect the boss and the last thing I want is to go against him" "did he say you couldn't?" "He said no one is to touch his daughter" "hmm alright looks like I will find an opponent elsewhere" Vic kept his eyes on mine "elsewhere?" "Yes. Thanks for letting me know" walking away back to my stool, dad spoke. "What did he say?" "No". Sculling my drink, I put it on the bar "ardo" "would you like another?" "Please".
"How often did you train?" "Everyday in both. It helped clear my head and protect myself" dad nodded.
Well I can't fight anyone here as they have too much respect for dad which I admire but there's got to be someone other than calling serna.
hmm underground fights. I wonder if there is any. Who would be the best person to ask? Looking around not one person looked like they would be into it except for Vic but asking him, I'm sure it would get back to my dad.
"Boss" "Jax all done?" "yep I will put the bag in your office" "alright".
Hmm nope Its best I don't be around him. distance will do some good. "I'm going to take this stuff back to the house" "need a lift?" "No I'm fine thanks dad. I will see you later" "alright". Sculling my drink, I grinned at ardo "see you ardo" "bye".
Grabbing my bag, I walked out of the den and straight back to the house. Putting my bag away. I made sure i had money on me then walked down town. Hmm this place is still the same besides a few shops. I remember this ice cream place so well. Walking into the shop, I looked around. dad and mom used to bring me here all the time when I was little.
"Hi is there something you would like?" Looking at the board, I then looked at the woman "yes. A choc ice in a cone please" "of course. that will be four dollars" handing over a five dollar note the lady handed me a dollar back. Looking at the charity tin, I put the dollar in. "Thank you" I nodded with a gentle smile. "Here you go" "thank you so much" "you are welcome. Enjoy".
Leaving the ice cream shop, I looked across the road. hmm a gym. if I was crazy I'd probably laugh out loud at the irony. An ice cream shop straight across the road from a gym. Just standing against the wall, I ate my ice cream and damn it was good. I haven't had an ice cream like it since I was here last. Finishing it, I put my rubbish in the bin then walked across the road. If I cant train with someone, I may as well do some training on my own.
"Hi, are you a member?" "No" "name?" "Malena" "alright Malena, do you want to become a member or would you like to stay as a guest?" "Guest for now" "sign this. It will be thirty dollars" I nodded. Grabbing out thirty dollars, I handed it to the guy then wrote my name and signed the paper.
Walking past the reception area, I looked at what was around. everything from treadmills, to boxing bags. Hmm definitely the boxing bags. Entering the boxing bag section, men looked at me but I couldn't give two shits. Making sure my pockets were zipped up. "know what you are doing?" I rolled my eyes "I don't need you helping me" "I never stated I was going to" hitting the bag over and over, Alex grabbed it. "you have a strong punch. What about kicks?" Stepping back I lifted my body up and around kicking the bag. "Strong kick to. Happy to spa with me?" "Here?" "In the ring" looking around I internally grinned "alright. Sounds fun to me" "I will be back" "name?" "Alex" "malena" "good to meet you" I nodded "you too" hitting the bag until Alex came back, I moved away from the bag.
"Here" Alex handed me a set of gloves and a head shield making me grin. "I don't need this" "but.." "I can handle it" "alright no head gear. get your gloves on and come to the ring" following Alex to the ring, I got in then put my gloves on. "Ready?" "Any rules?" Alex smirked "Nope" "alright".
Alex moved in trying to punch me. with one swift move, I side stepped and kicked his feet out from under him making him grin. "again" waiting for him to stand up, I watched every move he made. One thing I have always learnt is to always keep my guard up. Watching his movements closely, I also kept my eyes on his. Argh stuff this. Going to hit Alex, he blocked my arm but not the other as I kidney punched him then moved back "where did you learn?" "A family member" Alex swung a punch my way. blocking it, he kicked the back of my legs. Dropping to a roll, I spun my body around once again kicking his legs out from under him then pinned him to the floor. "Want a kiss while you are here?" I laughed "no" getting up, I put my hand out and Alex took it.
"You haven't been here before have you?" "Not to this gym" "i'd like to spar with you more often if you are up for it" I nodded "sure how often are you here?" "Three days a week" "what days?" "Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday" "then I will be here if I can" Alex nodded with a small grin.
"Happy to continue for a while?" "If you are up to it, sure".
Sparring with Alex for a while, I could tell he was starting to tire down. Taking my gloves off, he grinned "done?" "You are slowing down" Alex nodded "a little bit" "well thanks for the session" "it's been good".
Getting out of the ring, Alex followed.
"Here" "thanks".
Saying bye, I walked out of the gym feeling heaps better. Walking to the den, when I entered, ardo looked at me "where have you been?" "Sparring" "your dad is upstairs" "he will come down eventually" "sparring?" I nodded at Vic "you went elsewhere" "yep and the guy was pretty good just tired down so I left" "hmm I don't know if boss will be happy with that" I shrugged "not my problem". "Here Malena" "thanks" grabbing my drink, I moved to the far corner to sit on my own. Putting my feet up on the table, my phone rang. Grabbing my phone out it was my dad "hello" "where are you?" "At the den" "hmm when did you get here?" "About five minutes ago" "alright I will come down soon" "no stress I'm just relaxing having a drink" "okay".