31

Malena

Waking up right at seven o'clock to my alarm, I got out of bed and got dressed in a pair of leggings and shirt. Fixing my hair, I then walked out. "Good morning" "good morning is Vic up?" "No" I grinned "time to go wake him up. he wanted to do this with me" dad smirked "off you go then".
Walking into Vic's room I stood at the door.
"Good morning vixen" "Malena?" "Yep it's nearly seven thirty" "shit" I chuckled "I'm only stirring you up because i can" Vic grinned "unless you want to see me in my trunks get out" "yes vixen" "no" I laughed as I closed the door.
"Coffee?" "Yeah thanks" dad nodded "ready for today?" "Day one they say it's the hardest right?" "I'm going to say week. So coffee, breakfast then what?" "We are going for a two hour run" "Jesus".
"Malena Nicole" I chuckled "yes?" "What did you do?" I shrugged with a grin at dad making him laugh "before you kill her, drink this" "thanks and it's Vicente not vixen" dad cracked up laughing "you didn't" "I don't remember that" "you don't have that chip anymore. no excuses" "selective memory" dad smirked.
"What do you two want for breakfast?" "Toast" "eggs" "eggs on toast?" "Sounds good but I can make it" "no I will, off you go" "where am I supposed to be going?" "The table" "fine".
"Well vixen.. sorry Vicente what's your middle name?" "Jay" I nodded "birthday?" "Eleventh of November. Yours?" "Sixth of Feb" I nodded "is this where we get to know each other?" "Well I just wanted to know how to extend vixen when you are in trouble" "you will be if you keep calling me that" I grinned "noted".
"Ready for the run?" "No" "oh come on it's not that bad. If you can spar for hours, you can run" "different type of work out" "you'll be alright" "are you used to running?" "Yes" "God help me".

"Here you two" "thanks dad" "thanks Emil".
"Do you two need anything?" "I'm fine" "no" "alright I need to go to the den" I nodded "take it easy" "got to keep busy" "I know but don't push yourself too hard" "okay".

Emiliano.

I have no idea how those two have gone today. I have seen the men look around but they haven't asked why Malena or Vic haven't been here which is good. I'm honestly worried though. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will. I know a miracle won't happen in one day but by the end of the week hopefully there is some progress. I guess we'll see how she goes and if Vic can survive after running and doing the meditation. Just the thought of it made me chuckle.
"Boss?" Looking at ardo he looked at me like I was crazy "just a thought" "going to fill me in?" "Vic running and doing meditation" ardo cracked up laughing "he isn't?" "He is. Everything bar the journal" ardo grinned "if anyone will stand by her and do it, it's him. He doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks." "He cares what she thinks" ardo nodded "that's true but he wouldn't do it for any of the men here" "yeah I know".
"What's her routine do you know?" "Yeah. Up, food, run, meditation, food, weapons, music break, food, journal, Kombat, food, shower, hot chocolate, bed" ardo nodded "it will hopefully work" "finger crossed" "is he staying?" "Yes".
"Hey boss" "Jess" "I thought Malena would be here. She came to the warehouse earlier" "maybe later, I couldn't tell you" he nodded "she even got Vic to train with her" "God help us" Jess Chuckled as ardo grinned.
Looking at my watch, I knew it would nearly be time for them to eat. "ardo I better get going" "coming back?" "Maybe". Sculling my drink, I left the den and headed home.
Walking in a smell I haven't caught a whiff of in years hit my nose. Vera used to make it a lot.
Walking to the kitchen Vic and Malena were both cooking. "Hi you two" "didn't expect you home" "well I knew it would be nearly dinner time for you both. How did today go?" "I nearly died" "hes over exaggerating" I chuckled "stick to the routine?" "Yes without a hiccup" "glad to hear it. And I haven't had that meal in years" Malena grinned "nor have I, I'm just glad I found the recipe book because I forgot how to make it" "you and me both. Im sure it will be just as good as your mom's" "thanks dad".
"How long til dinner?" "About fifteen minutes" "time for a shower".

Vic.

"That was great, thank you" "you helped make it" "I agree you both did a good job. Let me worry about the clean up while you go shower" "I will give you a hand" "okay".

"How has she been today?" "Good so far it's the night that I'm worried about" Emil nodded.
"How do you want to do this? Do you want to take it in turns each night or.." "No it's okay Emil, I will handle it. If I need a hand, I will ask. Is everything sorted at the den?" "Yes vice is taking over" I nodded.
"Did she get her incense, hot chocolate and journal?" "Yes she did. She was a little more quieter than usual after it but we did Kombat straight after and it picked her up" "good, thanks for your help" "it's fine".

"Have fun?" Turning around Malena was standing near the bench "as much as you can doing dishes and wiping benches" Malena nodded "I'm going going to have a hot chocolate then go to bed" "tired?" "I need to follow the routine" "did you put your incense on?" "Yes I did" I nodded.

"Okay I'm going to bed, good night both of you" "good night" "goodnight Mal, sleep well" Malena nodded then walked to her room.

"Well let's see how this goes. I am going to do the same. I need as much sleep as I can get" Emil nodded "yep but if you need a hand tell me" "I will. Night" "night".

Laying down in bed my biggest worry was how Malena was going to go tonight. Every other time she hasn't had a sleeping tablet, she has screamed In her sleep. Being right next door I will hear her though and I know I need to hold her down so she doesn't attack me. I just hope it doesn't happen. it fucking hurts inside seeing her like that and not much bothers me, not when it comes to people. Shit I can kill without a second thought but seeing her broken like that, it honestly destroys me.
Closing my eyes my last thought was of Malena.

Waking up to a high pitch scream, I ran straight to her room, her screams only getting louder as I got closer.
Closing her door, I moved to the bed then held her shoulders down "Malena" shaking her a little not wanting to hurt her, I called her name "MALENA" Malena pushed against me as she opened her eyes. After a few seconds, it must've registered. "argh I'm sorry" "don't apologise" letting her shoulders go, Malena sat up looking at the clock "one a.m" "come on let's lay down" Malena nodded
Laying down beside her, I pulled her close. Malena never said a word just put her arm over me. Waiting for her breathing to change, I closed my eyes. I know it will take time, we both know it. The first week will be the hardest but I'm prepared for it.

Waking up to the sound of an alarm I opened my eyes as I felt a hand move over my side. Oh shit I didn't move back to my room. Malena turned her alarm off. "Morning" "morning. Sorry I was meant to go back to the other room" "I don't care" I nodded. "I will go and let you get dressed" "that's fine and thanks Vic" "it's alright".
Leaving the room, I walked straight to mine chucking on a shirt and track pants before walking back out.
"Morning Emil" "morning how did she go?" "I woke her at one a.m" "I heard that one" "it was the only one" "good".
"Morning dad" "morning. Do you both want a coffee?" "Yeah please" "yes thanks" "alright. How are you feeling Malena?" "Tired" "expected" "I'm sorry if I woke you through the night" "no, no apologies. we know its going to happen but we are here for you alright" Malena nodded "okay dad".
"Breakfast?" "Yeah but.." "no. What do both want?" "I'm happy with anything" "Malena" "just toast" "you sure?" "Yeah".
I can tell she is exhausted, it won't be the physical side it will be the mental side but there's nothing we can do but continue to follow routine and hope for the best.
"Need a hand Emil?" "No you can go join her".