Someone To Watch Over Me

Start from the beginning

Gauri leans towards him and gives him a wet kiss on his cheek making Omkara smile.

"I'll take her out, Memsaab?"

Pinky nods as she checked his cheek to see if her daughter had cut him. "Don't let her pinch you again."

Omkara smiles in reply.

Pinky sighs shaking her head. "Are those things from the market?"

"Yes."

"I'll give to your Ma. You take her out."

"Okay. Let's go see the birds, Gauri." Omkara tells her.

Gauri excitedly starts clapping hearing that.

*********

It was Gauri's second birthday and Pinky had called a photographer to take her photos. After taking some candid photos of Gauri, it was time to take a family photo. Pinky picked her daughter in her arms and posed for the photo. Gauri had curiously sat back for the first photo. After the first photo was clicked, she was bored and she started looking around for Omkara.

"Om." Gauri calls out as she looked around.

"Where is Omkara, Jhanvi?" Pinky asks curiously.

"I sent him to keep the gifts in your room." Jhanvi worriedly replies to her seeing that Gauri had started frowning.

"Om." Gauri calls again starting to give into her tears.

"He is coming, Gauri." Pinky quickly tells her as she tried to distract her.

"Om." Gauri starts crying.

"I am here. I am here." Omkara says as he came running into the room.

Gauri extends her hand for him, but Pinky quickly holds her.

"Let's take a photo before that." Pinky tells Omkara. "Jhanvi, you also come. all four of us will take a photo together."

Jhanvi stood with Omkara in front of her while Pinky stood next to her holding Gauri in her arms who was struggling to go to Omkara.

"I'll take you now, Gauri. let us take a photo first." Omkara tells her in an appeasing tone.

Gauri was having none of it. She leans down her mother's arms as she struggled to go to Omkara.

"Just ignore her, Omkara." Pinky tells him.

As Jhanvi, Pinky and Omkara smiled for the photo, just before the camera man clicked, Gauri manages to lean down and grab Omkara's hair. And the flash hit them.

***********

With hawk eyes, Omkara watched as a nine-year old Gauri climbed the tree.

"What is she doing?" Pinky asks furiously as she came out of the house.

Omkara doesn't reply to her, he continues to watch Gauri without blinking.

"Gauri, come down, NOW!" Pinky screams at her.

"I want to climb tree, Mama. Everyone in my class climbs tree." Gauri argues as she continued to climb.

"Everyone?" Pinky asks shocked.

"Boys." Omkara answers her then he frowns, "Gauri, not that branch."

"I want to jump to the other tree from here." Gauri replies as she continued to move to the branch that he forbade her from.

Sighing furiously, Omkara runs to the tree and starts climbing faster.

"Gauri, come down now. enough of this nonsense." Pinky tells her angrily.