-20. Encounter

Jieun's PoV

[After the Practice Match]

Right after the practice match, all of us went to the dining to eat together, well except for the four students who are staying in the same class as us.

We are in the middle of the conversation as someone opens a line on me.

'Jieun, you need to go back.' Just by that, I know who is it. It's dad.

Since one of my potentials is communicating using the brain. There is a negative with it. I can only transmit a message and the person who will be receiving it can't reply unless that person will talk verbally.

The thing is, dad has the same potential as mine. I inherited his ability so that's why we can talk and reply to each other.

'Ok,' I simply replied.

I looked at Y/N and she was talking to Dahyun.

'Y/N, need your help. Can you open up a portal back to the village?'

'Why?'

'Dad's order, need to go back.' I answered.

She looked at me and just nod.

Right after dinner, we went back to our floor. Then suddenly Y/N approached me.

"When will you come back? I'm sure the others will look for you." Y/N said.

The others went into their rooms while we are still talking outside.

"I'll call you, just stay in line," I said.

"Ok, meet me outside, I'll just wait for Dahyun to fall asleep." She said.

I nod and went to my room as she did the same.

"Jieun, nice match. You are so great a while ago." Sana said.

"Thank you," I said.

The match a while ago is so tough since I did the practice match with Mina. As expected, she used her hypnotizing potential.

What I did is, since I can talk to Mina using my mind, I did all my best to distract her, on that she wasn't able to manipulate my mind as it's actively working.

I waited till Sana fell asleep and as it happened, I sneaked out of the room and waited on Y/N.

'I'm here.' I said.

'Okay.'

After long minutes, she went out checking on her watch.

"Why?"

"Need to set a time."

I frowned and check her. She looks so anxious which is rarely happened. Mostly it happened if she needs to face her greatest enemy... the math!

"Are you-"

"Shut up, Jieun. Look, I'm trying my best for us not to get caught ok?"

"Ok ok," I said and chuckled.

She sighed and moved back. As she focuses, a black hole showed up while she is creating a circle in the air.

"Get in." She said.

I nodded and she also followed. Just a snap, we arrived in the village where we are staying.

"I'll leave you up here. Tell me the details when you come back." She said.

I nodded as she entered the hole that she opened a while ago, which is the entrance to go back to the school.

As the portal disappeared, I immediately called up dad to ask his place.