one hundred and five

Start from the beginning

"Probably not, but I'll tell you anyways."

James let out another small snort and Cassie moved her head slightly so that her cheek was resting in the palm of his hand.

"Well, anyways, Lily and I had just gotten on the train and Snape comes running along calling her name." Cassie frowns slightly, staring at the door of the compartment as a few second years ran past.

"So I quickly pull her into the bathroom, because it was obvious to tell from the expression on her face that she was uncomfortable, and then Snape starts knocking on the door."

James furrowed his eyebrows, Remus and Sirius shared a quick look and Peter shook his head slowly as he stuffed more Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans into his mouth.

"So I start making sex nosies so he goes away; he did."

The four Marauders all let out more laughs at the unbothered look on Cassie's face. She shrugged slightly; then moved her head so that she was looking up at James.

"So Bambi, if Snape tells you I'm cheating on you with Lily. It's not true."

"How can I be so sure?"

"You can't be."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

The sun was slowly beginning to set and the moon was making its way up into the sky from where it had been hidden behind the distant hills all day.

The train was casted in an orange glow as it continued to follow along the train-tracks underneath it. Lanterns were lit on the train all at once, illuminating the compartments as they were engulfed in more and more darkness.

People watched as the ground, too, turned from a like green to a deep one as the night caved in. A few moths would bash against the windows of the train as they tried to get the light.

The world around still moved in blurs, but now there were more towns and villages passing by rather than endless fields of crops and grass.

The sound on the train settled as people became tired from the journey. People were still walking through the corridors as they tried to find their friends and day good-bye just before the train pulled in at the platform.

Cassie was still with the Marauders, knowing that she would probably see them less than the other girls over the summer; of course she was still going to visit the Potters - James would make sure of that - but she didn't know when that would be.

Remus and Sirius had moved so that they were cuddled up in the corner of one of seats, Sirius was tracing Remus' scars with his finger and the taller boy slept silently as he let him.

Cassie and James sat opposite them, James had fallen asleep with his head resting in Cassie's lap at some point, his hand was holding hers at the time and it still was.

Peter was on the seat next to Sirius and Remus, he was resting his head in the palm of his hands as he tried his best not to fall asleep before the train reached the station.

Regulus had joined the five at some point, and he now sat on the floor of the compartment, leaning against the door as he stared out the window at the passing world. Cassie and him conversed in quiet voices.