199

I was in my bedroom at the desk and was writing something on a piece of paper. It looks like lyrics and I guess you can turn it into a song (A/N: It is a song but since it came out after the apocalypse, I'm making it like it's just her thoughts being put on paper).

**********

Holding on too tight, head up in the clouds
Heaven only knows where you are now
How do I love again? How do I trust again?
I stay up all night, tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on, wait until I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost
Never got the chance to say a last goodbye
I gotta move on, but it hurts to try
How do I love again? How do I trust again?
I stay up all night, tell myself I'm alright

**********

I looked up from the paper and put it in the drawer then looked outside at the dark sky. I stood up and went downstairs to the kitchen after putting my robe on. I heard someone running and I saw RJ running to me.

"RJ! What are you doing awake this late?" I asked, picking him up. I then heard a knock at the door. I put RJ down and walked to answer the door. I opened to see Magna standing there and folding a pocket knife. She then handed it to me.

"They missed one." She told me. I took it from her hands

"Thank you." I said.

"That lady is right about me. I've done things, terrible things. If I had all this, I wouldn't trust me either." She said, walking away.

"We've all done things or else we wouldn't be here. It's never that easy to live with." I said.

"It's better than losing everything." She said, walking away again. I closed the door and looked at the knife. I then looked up the stairs and saw Judith awake and holding the Python.

"Judith Grimes." I asked her.

"You said dad would've wanted me to have it to protect myself and the people I love." She said.

"Yeah he would have but I'm the one who's supposed to be protecting you." I said.

"Is that why you're kicking them out? Why you agreed with Michonne to kick them out?" She asked. "Because I think dad would've wanted me to do what I did yesterday too." She added. I started to smile at her.

"Your would've been proud. And your brother." I said.

"Then why won't you help them?" She asked.

"You'll understand someday, I know you will." I said. She walked downstairs until she was in front of me.

"I know you talk to him sometimes. And to Carl. I'm starting to forget their voices. I'm not trying to but they just keep fading away. I hope you can still hear them." She said, going back upstairs to her room. I started to cry until I heard RJ.

"Mommy, I'm hungry now." He said, running towards me. I picked him up and I still had tears in my eyes.

"Let's go fix something to eat." I said, carrying him to the kitchen. Before I was able to get to the kitchen, there was another knock on the front door. I walked and opened the door to see Daryl. "Hi Daryl." I said, smiling.

"Uncle Daryl!" RJ shouted.

"Hey little man." He said. I handed RJ to him and we walked to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here at this time of night?" I asked. He put RJ on the kitchen island and sat down on the stool.

"I wanted to come check on you and make sure you're okay. And I saw that woman walk away and I was worried." He said. "What did she want?" He asked.

"She came and gave me this knife saying they missed one when they searched her." I said, handing him the knife. "She told me that she did terrible things." I added. He nodded, grabbing the knife from my hand.

"Uncle Daryl is awesome!" RJ shouted, randomly causing us both to laugh.

"Yes I am little man." Daryl said, hugging him.

"Mommy, can Uncle Daryl sleep over? Please." RJ asked.

"Of course he can. He can sleep over anytime he wants." I said.

"Yayy! Did you hear that Uncle Daryl? Mommy said you can sleep over!" He shouted.

"I heard her. Now let's all go to bed and get some rest for tomorrow." Daryl said, standing up and picked him up. We all walked to the bedrooms. Daryl was sleeping in The guest room with RJ while I was sleeping in my room. I fell asleep when my head touched the pillow.

This is the end of this book but the story isn't over. It's continued into a second book since I can only have 200 parts in a story. The second book is called No Looking Back.

This is the book cover: