63

I was just laying in the bed relaxing and getting better, hopefully. I would hear Glenn coughing in the next cell which every time he did, it broke my heart hearing him going through this. I then started coughing hard when the cell door opened.

"Rick wants to speak with you." Caleb said. I nodded my head and walked to the room again. I saw blood on Rick's face and knuckles.

"Rick, what happened to you?" I asked, worried.

"I got in a fight with Tyreese." He told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"He found Karen and David dead and their bodies were burned outside. He got angry and hit me and I hit him back but I didn't stop. Daryl stopped me but if he didn't, I don't know what would've happened. I'm pretty sure I could've killed him." He said.

"Why did he hit you though?" I asked.

"He was mad and took it out me but before he hit me, he grabbed Daryl and pushed him against the gate but I was going to help him but Daryl signaled me not to." He said.

"He did lose someone he liked and hell I liked both Karen and David. But I wonder who killed them." I said, coughing again. This time I felt something wet in my hands and looked down to see blood, making my eyes widen. "Caleb! Get in here!" I shouted.

"What happened Maddie?!" Rick asked, getting closer to the window. The door opened and the doctor ran inside.

"What is it Maddie?" Caleb asked.

"Look at my hands." I said, showing him my hands.

"How long have you been coughing up blood?" He asked.

"I just started to." I said, holding in tears.

"This isn't good at all." He said, before the door on Rick's side opened and Daryl walked inside.

"What's going on? I heard Maddie yelling." He asked.

"She coughed up blood and that's not good. She needs medicine, everyone here does but we don't have any." Caleb said.

"I can go get some now!" Daryl said. "What medicine do you need?" He asked.

"Grab any medicine that you can find and I can see which one I can give her because I can't give her just any of them since she's pregnant." Caleb said. "That's if you can even find any." He added. "Now let's get you back to your cell and have you lay down." He said, helping me walk to the bed. I laid down and stayed like that until I fell asleep.