67

It's been a few days and I was already starting to feel a whole lot better and Hershel said I could leave the cell block soon. I was in the room, waiting for Rick to show up and he soon did.

"Hi Rick." I said, smiling.

"You look like you're getting better Maddie." He said, smiling back.

"I am. Hershel said that I should be able to leave soon. I can't wait to be back in your arms again." I said.

"That's great to hear Maddie." Rick said, getting closer to the glass. The door opened and Daryl walked inside, smiling when he saw me.

"Hey Maddie, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Much better. I haven't been coughing up any more blood and my temperature is going back to normal." I said. "And he said that he still heard the baby's heartbeat with the stethoscope that you brought back. He said the baby was and still is healthy." I added, with a smile on my face. "So, what's been going on out there?" I asked.

"Well since Daryl is here, I might as well tell both of at the same time." Rick said. "I banished Carol from the prison." He said.

"Why?" I asked, holding in tears.

"She killed Karen and David." He told us. "I know how close you both were with her but I did it to protect everyone." He added.

"I understand Rick. You had your reason and if that's what you think is right, I'll stand by you." I said, smiling slightly. "Yes I'll miss her but I understand why you did it and I'm not going to be mad at you for it." I added.

"I'm with her as well, if you think that's right then I'll be with you as well." Daryl said, walking out of the room.

"I'll always be with you Rick, you know that." I said.

"Thank you Maddie. I love you." He said.

"I love you too. I better go lay down so I can hurry up and get better so I can hug you again." I said.

"Okay. I'll come by later to talk to you again." He said, smiling at me.

"Can't wait." I said, smiling back then went to my cell.

I laid down and thought about Rick and everyone else out there and hoping they're okay.