91

"Please! Let me in!" We heard Gabriel shouting. I walked out of the back room and went to the window and saw walkers behind Gabriel.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted.

Michonne handed me Judith and her and Carl ran to pull the board off the doors.

"Please don't leave me out here!" He continued shouting.

"Get back." Michonne told Carl.

Carl backed away and Michonne started chopping the board with an axe that we had. Once the board was off, Carl opened the door and Gabriel came running in with walkers behind him. Michonne killed a few of them before Gabriel shouted something.

"The rectory! Come on!" Gabriel shouted. We followed him and I grabbed the bag that we made to carry Judith in and quickly put it on and put Judith in it. We went into the room and saw a hole in the floor. "That's how I got out. Crawl under to the back." He said.

"Maddie, go first since you have Judith and you're pregnant!" Michonne shouted. I went into the hole after grabbing the bag and crawled under. Good thing I'm only four months into my pregnancy or I wouldn't have fit. We were all soon outside while the walkers filled the church. "Come on." Michonne said, helping Gabriel out.

"I can't run anymore." He said.

"We're not running." She responded.

We went to the front and Carl killed walkers that got stuck on the metal rods while Michonne went and closed the doors, trapping the walkers inside the church. We boarded the door shut and I took off my belt and handed it to Michonne to put on the door handles.

"Why did you leave Gabriel?" I asked, calmly.

"I wanted to see the school for myself and I did." He answered.

"But you also brought walkers with you. True, they may have came here even if you didn't go out there but they saw you and they followed you." I said. "We told you, it's dangerous and you didn't bring a weapon with you when you went there. Were you attacked by a walker when you were out there?" I asked him.

"Yes." He replied.

"Did you kill it?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"She was wearing a necklace with a cross on it." He told me.

"Gabriel, all because the walker was wearing a cross around its neck don't mean you shouldn't kill it." I said. "Think of it this way. The people that turned into walkers are suffering and us killing them will put them out of their misery. Do you want them to be put to peace? Do you want to end their suffering?" I asked. He put his head down and nodded. "Then you have to learn to kill them because that's the only way to put them to rest. Yes it's sad but you have to do it, that's what that person would want because they don't want to suffer." I said.

After that, we didn't know where to go so we stayed outside the church just sitting on the ground until Abraham and the others came in a fire truck. We got in and drove to that hospital or whatever. We pulled up in front of the entrance and got out. We started walking to the entrance killing a walker that was there. We saw the others starting to come out until Daryl came out. He was carrying Beth and she had a bullet hole to the head.

"No." I said, falling to the ground with Judith in my arms.

She was like a little sister to me and now she's dead. I was crying but not quite as much as Maggie was. Rick walked over and hugged me and Judith. Daryl was crying with us while still holding Beth.

"She can't be dead Rick. She just can't be." I said, crying with the side of my head against his shoulder.