103

We were all standing on the porch and everyone was looking at us. I was bouncing Judith while walking around.

"You can go look around Carl but only for a little bit." Rick said.

"Okay." Carl replied, walking into the street. Someone walked up and started talking.

"Hello I'm Pete, the doctor here. Aaron told me that there's a kid that has a limp and that there's a woman who's pregnant. If it's alright with you, I would like to examine them." Pete said.

"It's smart. I could see if the baby is healthy and Noah can get his leg checked." I said.

"Okay but I'll go with you." Rick said. We started following Pete until we got to a house and we went inside.

"Alright I'll check the woman who's pregnant first." Pete said. I handed Judith to Rick and followed Pete into a room. "How far along are you in your pregnancy?" He asked.

"Seven months." I told him.

"Okay the baby should be at least two to four pounds." He said. "Go on and lay down on that bed right there." He said, pointing at the bed. I did as he said and he came over and started taking my vitals. I was wondering how he's going to check the baby without the equipment but decided not to ask. "Aaron told me that you all haven't been eating or drinking lots of water." He said.

"We couldn't find any water or food until my brother found some squirrels." I told him.

"Aaron said he left some water for all of you, why didn't you all drink any?" He asked.

"We didn't want to take the chance drinking it because we didn't know who left it." I told him.

"That's understandable. Your blood pressure is normal and so is your blood sugar, that's good. Now I probably know the answer to this question but have you taken any pre-natal medicine?" He asked.

"At some point but lost it when we were attacked where we were." I told him.

"Okay, I have some of that medicine and I'm going to have you take them alright?" He said.

"Okay." I said, smiling. "I have a question." I said.

"What's your question?" He asked.

"Is it bad that I was breastfeeding another child while I'm pregnant?" I asked.

"No it's safe as long as you're having a healthy pregnancy but now since you're seven months in, you shouldn't breastfeed another child just in case." He told me.

"Okay thank you." I said.

He helped me off the bed and we walked out. He then called Noah into the room while we waited with Rick holding Judith.

"Is the baby healthy?" He asked.

"He said it is by my blood pressure and blood sugar and he said that I shouldn't breastfeed Judith anymore just in case since I'm seven months in." I told him.

"Okay." He said, smiling.

"I think she was starting to wean herself away from it anyway but she still got some because she was hungry." I said. Judith then giggled at me. "Did I say something funny sweetheart?" I asked, making a funny face which made her giggle again.

Noah soon came out and we headed back to the house. We walked inside then went to the bedroom to lay down for a little bit.