39

"Maddie, there's something weird out there." Carl said, handing me the binoculars. I looked through them and saw Andrea.

"Go get your father." I said, following behind him. I walked out and Rick joined me.

"Are you alone?" Rick asked her.

"Open the gate." Andrea said.

"Are you alone?!" Rick asked again but louder.

"Rick!" Andrea shouted.

"Open it!" Rick shouted. The gate opened and she walked inside. "Get down on the floor. I asked if you were alone." Rick said.

"I am." Andrea replied.

"Welcome back. Get up." Rick said.

We all walked into the prison and stopped once we were outside of the cell block.

"After you saved me, we thought you were dead." Carol said.

"Hershel, my god. I can't believe this. Where's Shane and Lori?" Andrea asked.

"She had a girl but she didn't make it." I told her.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Carl, Rick I— you all live here?" She asked.

"Here and the cell block." Glenn said.

"Can I go in?" She asked.

"I won't allow it." Rick said, sternly.

"I'm not the enemy Rick." Andrea said.

"How can we be so sure Andrea?" I asked, gaining her attention.

"I wouldn't lie Maddie." She said.

"We had the field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore the fence down with a truck and shot us up." Rick said.

"He told me you shot first." Andrea said.

"He lied to you Andrea." I said.

"He killed an inmate that survived." Hershel said.

"We liked him. He was one of us." Daryl said.

"I didn't know nothing about that. I came as soon as I heard and I didn't know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot-out." Andrea told us.

"But that was days ago." Glenn said.

"I said I came as soon as I found out. What did you tell them?" Andrea asked, looking at Michonne.

"I didn't tell them anything." Michonne said.

"I left Atlanta with you all and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea said.

"He almost killed Michonne and he would've killed us." Glenn said.

"Isn't he the one that kidnapped you? Who beat you? Look, I can't excuse anything that Philip did but I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out." Andrea said.

"We can't work this out." Rick said. "I don't know where or when but we will kill him." He added.

"We can settle this Rick. There's room for all of you at Woodbury." Andrea said.

"We don't want to go to Woodbury Andrea." I said. "Especially not after what he did." I added.

"You know better than that Andrea." Merle said, after chuckling.

"And what makes you think he wants to negotiate? Did he say he wants to?" Hershel asked.

"No." Andrea answered.

"Then what are you doing here?" Rick asked.

"They're gearing up for war. The people are terrified, they see you all as killers. They're training to fight." Andrea told us.

"Next time you see Philip, you tell him that I'm gonna take his other eye." Daryl said.

"We've taken too much shit. If he wants a war then he's got one." Glenn said.

"If you don't sit down and work this out, I don't know what will happen. He's got a whole town and you all lost too much already. You won't be able to stand alone anymore." Andrea said.

"If you want to make this right, get us inside." Rick said.

"I can't do that." Andrea responded.

"Then we have nothing to talk about." Rick said.

"But they're innocent people." Andrea said.

We all walked into our cell block except for Michonne. Andrea soon left with one of the cars and we were talking.

"That was some reunion." Daryl said.

"She's in a jam." Rick said.

"What are we going to do?" Daryl asked.

"We match it. I'm going on a run." Rick said.

"I'll head out tomorrow." Daryl said.

"No, you stay here. You have to keep an eye on your brother. We're glad you're back but if your brother causes trouble, it's on you." Rick said.

"Okay I got him." Daryl replied.

"I'll take Maddie." Rick told him.

"You better keep her safe." Daryl said.

"I'll be fine Daryl." I told him.

"Carl, he's ready. You hold it down here." Rick said.

"You got it." Daryl said.