106

(Trigger Warning ⚠️: This chapter has mention of rape.)

I woke up and didn't see Rick beside me and I looked to see that it was still dark outside. I got out of bed and walked downstairs and saw Rick looking out the window. I walked to him and put my hand on his shoulder blade.

"Are you okay Rick?" I asked him. He looked at me then looked back outside.

"Yeah I'm alright." He said. "Let's go take a walk." He said, grabbing my hand and we walked outside after grabbing our jackets since it is a little chilly outside.

"So Rick, what's going on? I can tell something's wrong." I said.

"I guess I'm just worried that the same thing that happened to Lori when she gave birth to Judith will happen to you." He said.

"Don't worry Rick if that happened, no one would ever put the blame on you. But don't worry yourself with that, I wouldn't leave you." I said.

"I know, I just can't help but worry because we came so far and I don't want to lose you." He said.

"I don't want to lose me either and I don't want to leave you either, you mean too much to me and I love you with all my heart." I said, making him look at me.

"I love you too Maddie." He said, kissing me.

"Now let's continue walking. This is actually pretty romantic. Walking with the love of my life in the cool, dark night with the stars shining bright like before everything happened." I said, smiling.

After walking around for a little longer, we went back inside and went to bed. We cuddled until we both fell asleep.

I was in the hallway in school, walking to my last class when someone stopped me. I looked to see my boyfriend, David.

"Hi baby." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hi David." I said, smiling.

"Can I come over to your place after school?" He asked.

"Of course David, meet me at the entrance." I said, placing my lips against his and walked to class.

School was soon done and I walked to the entrance to meet up with David. We walked to my house holding hands and when we arrived, I saw Daryl getting ready to go hunt.

"Maddie, I'm going hunting. I'll be back in a few hours." He told me.

"Okay, be careful Daryl." I said, smiling at him.

"I will." He said, before walking into the woods.

Me and David walked inside and went to my room to relax after the long day at school. A couple hours later, David sat up on his arm and looked at me.

"Baby, I want to do it." He said, hovering over me.

"I don't want to do it yet David." I said, trying to push him off of me.

"I don't care! I do." He said, before connecting his lips to my neck and harshly but down.

"Get off of me!" I shouted, pushing as hard as I can but he was too strong.

"Shut up you bitch!" He shouted, removing my clothes and did what he wanted to do, with me screaming for him to stop at the top of my lungs. When he finished, he put his clothes back on. "I'm breaking up with you!" He shouted, leaving the house.

I was crying in a ball on my bed and I heard the door open and footsteps coming upstairs a few minutes later. My bedroom door opened and I heard Daryl.

"Maddie! What happened?!" He asked.

I looked at him with tear streaks on my cheeks and I wrapped my arms around him.

"D-David r-raped m-me." I stuttered.

"That son of a bitch! I'm going to beat living shit out of him!" He shouted, getting ready to leave but I stopped him.

"Please don't leave me Daryl." I begged. He sat back down next to me until I fell asleep in his arms.

"Maddie! Wake up!" Rick shouted.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. I couldn't speak because of the dream I was having.

"Rick." I said, before starting to cry. The door slammed open and I heard Daryl.

"What hell happened?!" Daryl shouted.

"She was having a nightmare about a guy named David." Rick told him.

"That fucking son of a bitch?!" Daryl shouted.

"Who is David?" Rick asked.

"He's the one who raped her when she was fifteen." Daryl answered.

"It's alright Maddie, you're safe with us." Rick said, rubbing my back trying to calm me down.

The whole day, I stayed inside in the bed because I was too scared to go outside.