119

We've been running for awhile and I was starting to get a bit tired but I continued running. We were all sweaty from running for so damn long. We saw the vending machine in the middle of the road and stopped and looked around. Me and Rick leaned down putting our hands on our knees and started catching our breaths while Daryl broke the glass on the machine and pulled out a bag of something and three soda cans.

"This was a special request from the doctor." Daryl said, before drinking some of it.

"Hey, whatever she wants." Rick said. Daryl handed Rick the can. "She saved Carl's life. We didn't know her and she turned out to be alright." He said, drinking some then handed it to me. I drank some and I felt refreshed even if it wasn't water but at least it's something. "If there's still people out here and they're still people, we should bring them in." He said.

"Like this guy?" Daryl asked.

"No, fuck this guy." Rick said, walking to the machine and pulled something out but I couldn't tell what it was.

"We still got a trail." Daryl said.

"Let's go." Rick said. We started running again after taking a breather.

After a little while, we came up to a road to our right and we looked that way and saw more tire tracks and we ran that way. We slowed down and crouched down slightly and started walking up the hill. We saw Paul get finished changing one of the front tires. We went through the woods so he can't see us coming.

We were soon beside the truck still in the woods and slowly made our way towards it. Rick ran up and grabbed him from behind and I was behind Rick but not too close.

"Hold still and maybe we won't hurt you." Rick said. Paul looked down and looked down.

"Sure thing." Paul said, before elbowing Rick in the side which made Rick let go.

Then he kicked Rick in the stomach and he fell backwards into me and we both fell with him on top of me. Daryl then came and punched but he dodged it then grabbed Daryl by the bag on his back and threw him against the truck.

Rick ran towards him and pushed him down by charging him and ran into Paul's waist. He fell on his back in the grass. Rick and Daryl aimed their guns at him.

"This is done." Rick said, when a walker walked out of the woods.

"Do you even have any ammo?" He asked. Rick and Daryl both aimed at the walker and shot at the same time, basically answering his question. "Okay. You gonna shoot me over a truck?" He asked.

"There's a lot of food on that truck. The keys, now." Rick said.

"I think you know I'm not a bad guy." Paul said.

"Yeah?" Daryl asked.

"What do you know about us?" Rick asked. "Give me the keys. This is the last time I'm asking." He added.

Paul looked between Daryl and Rick then gave them the keys. They tied him up with the rope that we found. I was leaning against the back of the truck watching and making sure there was no walkers.

"Damnit." Daryl said, pulling the can of soda out of his bag and what was in the can was now in the bag and it was dripping out of the bottom of the bag.

"You're going to leave me like this? You're really going to do that?" Paul asked.

"The knot isn't that tight. You should be able to get free after we're long gone." Rick said, standing up.

"Maybe we should talk now." Paul said.

"Nah." Daryl said, upset about his bag. Paul looked at me and I followed Rick. "Here. In case you get thirsty." Daryl said, shaking what's left of the soda and threw it to him. We got in the truck and drove off.