120

"It still worked out. Today still is the day." Rick said. We were eating something that was in that vending machine while a song was playing. "Hey look at that." Rick said, pointing at something ahead of us.

"Yeah, a barn." Daryl said, before we heard thumping on the roof.

"What the hell is that?" I asked, looking up.

"I think that son of a bitch is on the roof." Daryl said.

"Hold on." Rick said, before slamming on the brake and Paul went flying off the front of the truck and grunted when he hit the ground.

We looked over the dashboard and saw him standing up and stood there for a few seconds before taking off running. We started chasing him in the truck.

"Mother—" Daryl said, opening the door and getting out.

"Daryl! Daryl!" Rick shouted.

Daryl ignored him and started running after him on foot. Rick soon stopped the truck and got out after backing up a bit, leaving me in the truck. I was watching Daryl chasing after him and it looked like they were playing soccer.

 I was watching Daryl chasing after him and it looked like they were playing soccer

"We came to a conclusion asshole!" Daryl shouted

"We came to a conclusion asshole!" Daryl shouted. I was trying so hard not to laugh. "I got him!" He shouted to Rick.

I scooted over to the passenger seat just in case I have to jump out. Paul then opened the drivers side door and climbed in and saw me.

"Hey Maddie. How are you this fine morning?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Good." I said, before Daryl came.

"Come here you little shit!" Daryl shouted, grabbing him. They kept fighting and Daryl kept trying to pull him out by his legs then Paul pulled out a gun which looked like Daryl's gun. He aimed it at Daryl which made Daryl pull back slightly.

"Duck." Paul said.

Daryl did as he said and he shot a walker that was behind Daryl. Daryl turned and looked at the dead walker on the ground then turned back at him.

"Thanks." He said, before placing a punch on Paul's face. "That's my gun!" Daryl shouted. I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it because the whole thing is just too funny. "Come here!" Daryl shouted. I saw Paul put the truck out of gear and the truck started moving.

"Uh whoa!" Paul shouted.

They jumped out and I jumped out the passenger side and kept my head down. I watched as the truck rolled into the water and sunk. I stood up and kept my eyes on the water until I saw Paul's unconscious body on the ground.

"Okay I guess neither of us is getting that truck." I said with a straight face.

"You both alright?" Rick asked.

"Yeah." Daryl said. "Let's go check those cars and get the hell out of here." He said.

"What about the guy?" Rick asked.

"What about him?" Daryl asked.

"Well, he helped you." Rick said.

"He's right Daryl. He saved you from that walker." I said.

"He ever pull a weapon on you?" Rick asked.

"Fine. Let's put him up a tree." Daryl said.

We were soon in a car. I was in the passenger seat, Rick was driving and Daryl was in the back...with an unconscious Paul.

"What do you think of our tree Daryl?" I asked.

Rick chuckled and I earned a glare from Daryl. Rick slightly jerked the car, making Paul fall on Daryl's shoulder and Daryl pushed him off.

"He took a pretty hard hit. Denise needs to look him over." Rick said.

"Yeah." Daryl replied.

"You wouldn't have gone through with it. You wouldn't have left him." Rick said.

"I would've, right up in a tree." Daryl said. I was holding in my laugh. "I would've." He said again.

"No. I know." Rick said, looking in the rear view mirror. "Almost as soon as we got to Alexandria, you got it. You saw—you...and Michonne, Glenn, Maddie, you all tried to tell me. So shut up." Rick said, jerking the wheel again making him fall against Daryl's shoulder again. This time Daryl pushed him harder so he was leaning against the door. "Because I'm finally listening." Rick said.

I felt myself getting tired and I laid down, putting my head on Rick's thigh. I felt him put his hand on my arm and rubbed it with his thumb and I soon fell asleep.