72

We've been walking for what seems like months but it's only been like a month. Carl was walking ahead of me and Rick. I can tell that Carl is broken since we didn't see Judith.

"Carl." I said, low on breath from us walking for so long. "Carl, slow down." I said. He stopped in front of a house.

"This place is as good as any." Rick managed to say. Carl pulled out his gun and I did the same.

We walked to house and went inside. Rick dropped the bag that had some food that he was carrying and we started looking around the house to make sure there's no walkers inside. Me and Rick walked into a room and looked and found no walkers. We turned and saw Carl walking down a hallway.

"Carl." I called him. He ignored me and continued walking.

"Carl." Rick called this time. He stopped and looked at us.

"I got it." Carl said. "The doors down here are open." He added.

"Just stop." Rick said. Carl turned and started banging on the wall.

"Hey assholes! Hey shitface!" Carl began shouted.

"Watch your mouth!" Rick shouted.

"If there were any walkers in there, they would've came out by now!" Carl shouted at us, before walking away.

I don't know why Carl is acting like this especially to his father. It's fine if he acts like that towards me but not Rick. Me and Rick walked into the kitchen and again found no walkers. We looked through the cupboards to find nothing. Rick opened the drawers and found kitchen knives and he put them on the table.

After we checked the house for walkers, it was soon dark. We put things in front of the door to keep it closed but left the back uncovered so we can leave through there. Me and Rick walked in the bathroom together.

"Rick, take your shirt off so I can look at your injuries." I said. He did as I said and I looked at his injuries, which are pretty bad. "You have pretty big bruise on your ribs. That's going to be sore for awhile and your face is pretty busted up but it'll heal in a few days hopefully." I said, touching his face which made him wince.

"I feel like Carl is mad at me for what happened at the prison." He said.

"He's young and Judith is missing but it's not an excuse for him to go off on you for everything but just give him time to process everything." I said. "He'll learn that you did everything you could've done." I added. "But on the bright side, you still look very handsome Rick." I said. He chuckled a little bit. I helped him to the couch and put the blanket over him. "Go on and sleep Rick, you'll need it." I said, pecking his lips gently.

Me and Carl laid down on the floor and fell asleep since we were all tired from walking for awhile.